Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is our fans bar at falmer

Where are your balls,stop arse licking !

Does it sell beer ?
Is it under cover ?
Will we be able to have a bet ?
Can we watch TV ?

If these are yes then I couldn't give a monkeys to be honest

WILL I WANT TO TURN UP EARLY WITH THE FAMILY TO WATCH MIDDAY GAME AND EAT ON THE CONCOURSE AND PUT MONEY INTO THE ALBION,DONT THINK SO:US: GREAT THAT THE CORP SIDE HAS GONE SO WELL SUPER! DONT MEAN TO SAY THAT THE REST HAVE TO SLUM IT:US:
ANYWAY THERE WILL BE SOME NICE PICTURES ON THE WALL TO INSPIRE YOU ALL:falmer:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
If I had 'gone corp' at Withdean I'd feel rightly pissed off at having to eat in a glorified portakabin.

Typical of some of the idiots on this board to make the whole thing sound like some old fashioned 'class' war!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
WILL I WANT TO TURN UP EARLY WITH THE FAMILY TO WATCH MIDDAY GAME AND EAT ON THE CONCOURSE AND PUT MONEY INTO THE ALBION,DONT THINK SO:US: GREAT THAT THE CORP SIDE HAS GONE SO WELL SUPER! DONT MEAN TO SAY THAT THE REST HAVE TO SLUM IT:US:
ANYWAY THERE WILL BE SOME NICE PICTURES ON THE WALL TO INSPIRE YOU ALL:falmer:

If i was a kid going to Falmer , the fact I'd be surrounded by fans , in a stadium with the buzz would mean so much more to me than how the decor looks. As an adult it will sell beer , be convenient so thats me in .

Don't really think there is much to moan about mate really.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I can't see why the idea that there will be hospitality available for very much more than the price of a standard ticket is so shocking. Falmer would be the only stadium in the country if there were no hospitality packages and the club would have been condemned as useless if they'd not tapped into this very (financially) valuable market.

Personally, I prefer an ordinary seat in an ordinary part of the ground.I don't begrudge the corporate sponsorship that brings valuable revenue into the club. But then I don't believe it is being provided at the expense of anyone except the people who are actually paying out a hefty sum to secure a hospitality package.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Compared to Withdean any sort of kiosk that's not selling turkish coke will seem a luxury

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think what the Rev is trying to say is that the Argus is saying there will be no supporters type pub and the only place you'll be able to get a drink will be on the concourse (unless you are in the tommy corporate bits) which people will be less inclined to do......I think?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If he doesn't turn off the CAPS LOCK, I may feel it necessary to turn him off.

Would it really be that difficult for a mod to quietly suggest to him that if he doesn't stop posting in Caps he will get a ban? It's not a massive deal but it's annoying, and more to the point it could easily be solved with a bit of discretion. I don't understand why it hasn't been done already!

As for fans bar - sound exactly like what was promised all along so I don't really understand the problem. Unless you were expecting a bar that would fit everyone who supported the club through the Withdean year in, which I might suggest would be quite a large bar!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
GREAT THAT THE CORP SIDE HAS GONE SO WELL SUPER! DONT MEAN TO SAY THAT THE REST HAVE TO SLUM IT

OK, lets humour him.

I'm not quite convinced that by not going corporate any of us will be "slumming it" at Falmer. But putting that to one side, what would YOU have the club do Rev ? Are you after the full corporate treatment for every fan, for the price of a normal season ticket ?

What is it that you want ?

Dont shoot i'm on your side

I think what the Rev is trying to say is that the Argus is saying there will be no supporters type pub and the only place you'll be able to get a drink will be on the concourse (unless you are in the tommy corporate bits) which people will be less inclined to do......I think?

:thumbsup:THANK YOU,NOT AGAINST CORP,THATS WHERE I WENT FOR MOST OF MY GAMES AT WITHDEAN,I UNDERSTAND MOST DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING BUT STOP AND THINK OF THE WIDER ISSUES BEFORE THE USUAL NSC LYNCHING TAKES PLACE:facepalm: I'LL JOIN YOU ALL ON THURSDAY OFF TO HAMBURG IN A COUPLE OF HOURS:thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

that is how I read it

I hoped we would have a Twickenham type set up whereby we have a few large bars around the stadium serving anyone who wants a drink.

That seems to be what he is shouting.

But I think he'll be proved wrong.

sussexbornandbred

Dec 27, 2009
i'm not being funny but how many grounds are there in the country where there is a bar to as rev puts it "sit down and have a meal and watch the midday game"? that is all included in the price of a normal ticket? at least drinking on the concourse at falmer will mean the money going to the club, no? whereas at withdean the club dont own the sportsman, and whilst i'm not sure of the exact financial arrangements i guess they dont get much, if any from the people that do own it!?

also, with regard to the sitting down and having a meal and a few drinks before the game. i'm pretty sure the club will continue the provision of a travel voucher with tickets at falmer to encourage using public transport so would it be that difficult for Rev to have his meal somewhere in town and simply jump on a bus or train to get to the game like i'm sure thousands of other people will?

Rev even said that he's one of the corporates at withdean, which means he's obviously been spoilt compared to the delicacies on offer in the south stand...most of us, like someone has already said will be grateful of a roof over our heads, beer IN the stadium and thats about it really!?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
That seems to be what he is shouting.

But I think he'll be proved wrong.

So are the Argus saying this?

Would be quite a big back track from the club if true (which I'm not saying it is before any jumps on my back).

Again if true then I tend to agree with him. Drinking at football grounds is a bit like drinking in a multi story car park. I'd much rather stay some where in the warm with decent beer and get to the ground a bit later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here