Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is our fans bar at falmer

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
It will be streets ahead of most stadia anyway & as most have stated people will be happy to have a state of the art stadium with quality refreshment both alcoholic & non alcoholic wherever its situated within. It will still be the HAPPIEST place on earth on opening day.

One swallow dosent make a marriage

It will be streets ahead of most stadia anyway & as most have stated people will be happy to have a state of the art stadium with quality refreshment both alcoholic & non alcoholic wherever its situated within. It will still be the HAPPIEST place on earth on opening day.

WE WILL ALL AS HAPPY AS A PIG IN SELHURST ON THE OPENING DAY,BUT THIS STADIUM IS A LEGACY FOR THE YOUTH,WE HAVE GOT 7,000 PLUS IN THE SUPPORTERS GROUP BUT NOT ONE CORNER HAS BEEN SET ASIDE FOR THEM,AND DONT SAY NEITHER DOES ANY OTHER CLUB,NOW I'VE REALLY GOTTA GO,BE GOOD AND GLAD THE CAP LOCK HAS NOT HINDERED YOUR PARTICIPATION ON THIS MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE:thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If he doesn't turn off the CAPS LOCK, I may feel it necessary to turn him off.

Hint not taken.

So Rev, you've seen very detailed plans have you?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So, let's get this straight.

You have been shown the most recent plans, and they do not incorporate a fans' bar, and that people not in Hospitality have to make do with bars of their own - dotted through an Albion images-adorned concourse?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
So, let's get this straight.

You have been shown the most recent plans, and they do not incorporate a fans' bar, and that people not in Hospitality have to make do with bars of their own - dotted through an Albion images-adorned concourse?

... and we'll be able to drink beer inside the ground? I'M DISGUSTED THAT WE SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH FACILITIES, APPARENTLY WE'LL BE ABLE TO BUY FOOD AND PLACE BETS TOO, ALL WHILE WATCHING FOOTBALL ON SCREENS IN THE CONCOURSE. DISGRACEFUL!!!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Why would I want to watch a midday game at the ground anyway ?

There are plenty of better places to eat and drink in Brighton of a Saturday lunchtime, and I can't see why it makes sense for Falmer to compete with them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Do you know something Rev, I was someone who was actively involved throughout the protests and made many lifelong friends along the way. Do I feel sold out in any way by the plans at Falmer? not at all. I am over the frickin moon at what lies ahead for us.

The Albion exists (the single most important thing we fought for), has a new ground (better than any of us could have hoped), are not debt laden as a result, and should be able to compete on the pitch (without fear of going bust) for years to come.

Do I mourn not having some 'exclusive' fans bar in recognition for something all fans should have done anyway. Hell no. Those fans that want exclusivity are paying for it, those that don't are spoilt for choice.

Each to their own of course. For me, I will be as happy as a pig in sh!te quaffing a beer anywhere in our new ground on that first happy day.

Great post. I will be with you :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"One swallow doesn't make a marriage"? Course it doesn't Rev. ....It makes a mouth full of spunk which is pretty appropriate coming from you don't you think?

We will have the best facilities outside of a very few elite clubs. Relax and enjoy it and hope that the football will match the rest of the matchday experience or you might have something to really moan about. :thumbsup:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
i'll join you for one,first bar on the right next to the toilets:facepalm:

But surely the point is that the concourse will be one of the smartest in a football ground in Britain and it will be almost like standing in a pub full of football fans.........where is the difference?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Does it matter about a "fans bar?".

Surely people will meet with their friends in the concourse? Even more so if they are sitting together for the game anyway.

Surely EVERY bar/place serving drinks is a "fans bar".

Besides which there is also the Swan and Hikers as well for the proper "pub" experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here