Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is just ridiculous.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Today I sat in the south stand and I could not believe how quiet the Brighton fans there were. We were 2-0 up but the crowd were acting as if we were 2-0 down. These people just would not sing. Can people please start realising we are not at the cricket.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Today I sat in the south stand and I could not believe how quiet the Brighton fans there were. We were 2-0 up but the crowd were acting as if we were 2-0 down. These people just would not sing. Can people please start realising we are not at the cricket.

As long as you stood up chanting thats all that counts fella!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Not "everyone" goes to the football to sing.
Most go to watch a game of football.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I will say one thing though, it was nice for us in the south west corner, sitting next to Albion fans for a change. I can't wait until the corners are filled as well. There was a bit of singing and banter between the two, but not as loud as it could of been.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Exactly where does it say on the season tickets 'Singing Compulsory'?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
We were playing Barnsley on a Sunday, It's hardly going to be a cauldron of noise is it?

Better than playing Tranmere at home!!!

I guess your fans were resting their voices for your second cup final of the season in two weeks time....

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oct 6, 2010
I didn't notice any songs coming out of the south stand home fans. I presume if you are making this complaint, you were stood up singing your heart out? If you were, I didn't see you. If you weren't, you should wind it in.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I was in the east h block there were a few south stand singers standing up at the back trying to get it going - a fair bit of banter going on with the away fans I think - sitting right down that east end is not so good for atmosphere and the north stand seem really quiet - maybe they weren't and it just where you sit??

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Was in South, got bit heated with some Barnsley lads at 1 point. Couple of them got aimed out. There was a few who tried to get a song going but didn't really happen. The atmosphere was not great anywhere but what do you expect on a Sunday afternoon

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I didn't notice any songs coming out of the south stand home fans. I presume if you are making this complaint, you were stood up singing your heart out? If you were, I didn't see you. If you weren't, you should wind it in.

I was in the South today as Mrs H has had an op and that nice Mr Hebberd allowed us to sit in the South so that she didn't have to climb any stairs. And I can confirm that there were a good number of young shavers in the South trying to get songs going and having a good banter with the Barnsley massive (joke). Missed our chums in the WSU and the view from there is much better for assessing the game, thought it was pretty even and if I'd been a Barnsley fan I'd have felt a little down hearted with the result. We are still being outmuscled in too many areas. It did strike me though, that the WS was quite quiet today.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

The North and east stand are waiting for the west to start some atmosphere after there complaints about our songs.But i fear the wait will be a long one

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably crazy talk, but maybe the club could try experimenting with putting on the occasional game on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm and see if that improves the atmosphere :shrug:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Reality check.

This season, first few games novelty factor plus big games = good atmosphere
Withdean matches, a couple of games a season = good atmosphere
Gillingham, no atmosphere
Goldstone, years in decline = occasional atmosphere
Goldstone, 1977 - 1983 = fantastic atmosphere
so nearly 30 years since good atmosphere every match

times and people have changed. Accept it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
But it would be nice if the fans got behind the team.

True. As Gus spent the whole of his column in the programme pointing out, they really needed the support. In reality, I doubt many grounds are much different during a poor run but today pre-match was disappointing. Really we should double our efforts when things are going badly rather than wait for the team to provide the inspiration. I think it can really help more than a lot of people realise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here