Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This country is a joke

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
BRIGHTON BUS CARNAGE

Services 1/1A cannot reach Thornhill Rise in Mile Oak so are operating via Graham Avenue instead. Buses at Whitehawk are also now terminating at the bus garage and not going up the hill as we now have several buses stuck at Swanborough Drive.

Services 2/2A is operating via Freshfield Road between Eastern Road and the Race Hill. We regret that we are unable to serve Sutherland Road at this time.

Services 5/5A are unable to serve Hangleton buses will operate via Nevill Road, Court Farm Road and Hangleton Road to start at Elm Drive. In Patcham, service 5A is not serving Old London Road and running via the 5 route along Carden Avenue to/from the A23 and we now are having to terminate at Ladies Mile Clock Tower.

Service 5B are unable to serve Hangleton buses will operate via Old Shoreham Road and Holmes Avenue to start at Texaco Garage. Also unable to travel via Braybon Avenue; buses will operate via Preston Drove, A23 and Carden Avenue in both directions.

Service 6 is operating between Brighton Station and West Hove Sainsburys. We are unable to serve Downs Park loop. Foredown Drive now being used.

Service 12 is running via Polegate and the A27 between Eastbourne and Denton Corner, normal route Denton Corner to Brighton.
Service 12A is running between Brighton and Seaford Chyngton Estate only on a half hourly frequency. Passengers from Seaford wishing to travel to Eastbourne can change to service 12 at Denton Corner (see above).

Service 21 is unable to serve Manor Hill and so is operating via Wilson Avenue and Warren Road to Elm Grove. Unable to serve Swanborough Drive.

Service 22 is unable to serve Langley Crescent and Bexhill Road in Woodingdean so will operate normal route to Cowley Drive Shops and then via the 2 route to the Downs Hotel back to the city centre.

Service 24 is not serving the Coldean estate and going direct along Coldean Lane. Also buses will terminate at Old Steine instead of Churchill Square.

Service 26 unable to serve Carden Hill buses will operate via Preston Drove, London Road and Carden Hill to and from Asda. Also buses will terminate at Old Steine instead of Churchill Square.

Service 27 cannot reach Westdene so buses are terminating in Dyke Road Avenue.

Services 28/29/29A are running Brighton to Lewes Waitrose only; 2 jacknifed lorries have closed the A26. We regret that we cannot now reach Ringmer, Uckfield, Crowborough and Tunbridge Wells.

Service 46 unable to serve Carden Hill buses will operate via Preston Drove, London Road and Carden Hill to and from Asda.

Service 47 is not serving Oaklands Avenue and Cissbury Crescent in Saltdean, buses will run directly along Bannings Vale.

Services 49/49A are running between The Avenue and Portslade Station. We regret we are currently unable to serve East Moulsecoomb and Lower Bevendean.

Service 52 is unable to serve Ovingdean and so is operating via Rottingdean. In Woodingdean, the service will operate via Falmer Road, Warren Way, Crescent Drive North and Downs Valley Road to Cowley Drive Shops in this direction back to the city centre.

Service 56 is unable to serve Friar Road, Beechwood Avenue, Wilmington Way and Lyminster Avenue in Hollingbury. Buses will run direct along Carden Hill. From Hollingbury Asda to Patcham, the service will operate a 1 way loop direct via Carden Avenue, London Road, Old London Road, Ladies Mile Road and Winfield Avenue back to Carden Avenue and Hollingbury Asda. We are unable to serve more of Ladies Mile Road at present.

Services 81/81B cannot serve Down Terrace and will operate direct via Queens Park Road.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I have to say that it seems that the authorities have coped admirably around here. All of the main roads around Guildford were completely snow free and running without congestion - and that included the A3.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For those that can be arsed some of this makes interesting reading. Most of the snow clearing equipment taken by BAA to Heathrow when Gatwick was sold? Would certainly explain the pathetic, yes truly pathetic step of giving up on clearing the snow at 0600 this morning and making the decision to do f*** all about it for 24 hours

UK snow: Gatwick forced to close as icy conditions take hold - Telegraph

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This not sever weather, it is winter weather. it is also well forecasted weather. The total gridlock is a disgrace, nothing more, nothing less, especially after the warning of last year. Couldn't even get out of Brighton this morning, and even if I did there was no chance of getting to the office, which as it happened got shut at 10am anyway. Very frustrating as we have deadlines this week. Still hopefully my company will take remote working a little more seriously now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For those that have to drive, a massive factor to stay at home is not the weather and the state of the roads but the number of shit drivers out there.

If there were no cars on the road I'd be confident of getting from A to B in almost any weather. The danger is getting pranged or wiped out by some twat:

a) With no lights on
b) Driving too fast
c) Taking out someone's safe stopping distance and causing a chain reaction.

You can get away with shite driving in normal conditions but in icy conditions the Twat Driver is exposed.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
You must know a lot of morons then because if I know the weather is gonna be like the forecast told me and I have to travel then yes of course I can answer YES to all your questions, except I have a set of winter tyres rather than snow chains

In that case I wouldn't rant at you, but in my experience you're in the minority.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Britain does struggle badly whenever there is snow.

I was in Vienna a few years ago and it snowed heavily in the middle of March. Transport still ran smoothly and people adapted to it easily.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Swedish suicide rate has more than halved since 1970, and it 11 people per 100,000, compared to 67 per 100,000 in Russia.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Something to do with years of underfunding and privatisation on national assets perhaps.

Cheers Maggie.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Something to do with years of underfunding and privatisation on national assets perhaps.

Cheers Maggie.

FFS act your age it really has nothing to do with underinvestment when snow stops trains

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For fucks sake can some of you think outside the box just a little? Yes I agree some people look for any excuse not to go to work / school etc - esp when they can get there on foot BUT... What if your kid or Mum or Dad or friend was killed on a dangerous icy road from a car slipping on ice speeding to get to a business meeting etc (funny how the 'flash' cars like BMWs are by far the worst in snow as they have the wide tyres) - then how would you feel? Total lack of empythy by some people on this thread.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Fishing. I'm really not wanting to turn a snow thread into a political binfest.

I wouldn't want to bring up the state of the railways anymore than I'd like to bring up destruction of industry, running down of the NHS, the unfairness of the 11+ education system, the blind eye being turned to workers rights, the support in terms of UK sales to Saddam's Iraq after chemical weapons were used on Iraqi civilians, the selling off of the water board, 3 million plus unemployed, Poll tax and interest rates of 15% and above...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
funny how the 'flash' cars like BMWs are by far the worst in snow as they have the wide tyres)

Nothing to do with wide tyres, it's because they are rear wheel drive

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Fishing. I'm really not wanting to turn a snow thread into a political binfest.

I wouldn't want to bring up the state of the railways anymore than I'd like to bring up destruction of industry, running down of the NHS, the unfairness of the 11+ education system, the blind eye being turned to workers rights, the support in terms of UK sales to Saddam's Iraq after chemical weapons were used on Iraqi civilians, the selling off of the water board, 3 million plus unemployed, Poll tax and interest rates of 15% and above...

Glad we sorted that out. I was rather afraid that you were going to blame Maggie for all the other sorts of weather that we have in this country for a minute. A child gets hit by lightning - clearly happened because the gas board got privatised; a tornado rips a roof of a house - clearly because free milk was taken away from the kids; somewhere gets flooded - that's because of the introduction to the right to buy.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
For those that have to drive, a massive factor to stay at home is not the weather and the state of the roads but the number of shit drivers out there.

If there were no cars on the road I'd be confident of getting from A to B in almost any weather. The danger is getting pranged or wiped out by some twat:

a) With no lights on
b) Driving too fast
c) Taking out someone's safe stopping distance and causing a chain reaction.

You can get away with shite driving in normal conditions but in icy conditions the Twat Driver is exposed.

This. What is it with people not putting their lights on these days?! Of course a, b and c are usually committed by the same people. Also you get people driving far too slow in the snow, in first gear, and sliding about all over the place. 15mph -20mph in 4th gear is what it's all about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here