Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This club is in its worst state for 8 years

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Charlies Shinpad said:
Simple solution really is to lower ticket prices to say,£15.00 for adults and £5.00 for kids,give the season ticket holders a refund on there money or give them the refunded money back next year in part payment for there season tickets 2007/2008.

I for one would seriously think about going back to watching them at home for that price,and you will get bums on seats.

After all the weather is going to get wetter and colder from now on!!

I think you just reduce ticket prices and compensate season ticket holders with credit towards next years season ticket. This not only increases attendence this year, but guarantees we have all the season ticket holders back next year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Man of Harveys said:
Very good idea, the draft system. In terms of administration and marketing, US sports are centuries ahead of the bungs and mates network that administers football in this country.

To be fair though it's much easier when you have a closed championship. No promotion, no relegation no champioins league, just a 'world championship' that only features American teams :angry:

And how much cash do you think changes hands when a franchise moves city or a new one starts up?

I'd rather be paying over the odds to see a club I know will be there again next season rather than paying a pittance to see players who could all up sticks to Pittsburgh next week.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Ernest said:
Football is being killed by too many things, the World Cup and Englands woeful performance by overpaid overhyped players, the whole WAG scene with stupid sluts spending money on a night out what takes the average fan to earn in months, the greed of the likes of Ashley Cole , agents and bungs and all that crap, Chelsea turning the Premiership into a one horse race and buying up any player they fancy whether they intend to play him or not, the ever increasing prices to get in and so on and so on.
Is it any wonder that genuine football fans are being priced out of going and are sickened by the game now ?

I cant believe im about to say this but, I fully agree with Ernest.:ohmy: :thud:

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Ernest said:
Football is being killed by too many things, the World Cup and Englands woeful performance by overpaid overhyped players, the whole WAG scene with stupid sluts spending money on a night out what takes the average fan to earn in months, the greed of the likes of Ashley Cole , agents and bungs and all that crap, Chelsea turning the Premiership into a one horse race and buying up any player they fancy whether they intend to play him or not, the ever increasing prices to get in and so on and so on.
Is it any wonder that genuine football fans are being priced out of going and are sickened by the game now ?

:clap: :clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
hitony said:
Well i for one aint changing my ways now !!!!! :lolol:
:lolol: :lolol: Nor me!
Just to make it clear: that's another quote from Animal House, not any reference to anyone on here, including myself. :) :down:

modell

Sep 13, 2005
Brighton
Bollocks. I'm already looking foward to my next game, Huddersfield Away. It wouldnt be Brighton if it wasn't all messed up. Albeyyurrnnn!

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
seagull4life said:
I think you just reduce ticket prices and compensate season ticket holders with credit towards next years season ticket. This not only increases attendence this year, but guarantees we have all the season ticket holders back next year.

Agreed but it will never happen because the club would rather have a steady crowd of 5000/6000 paying £25 than, take a risk by reducing ticket prices and being uncertain of how many people will turn up.

Also it is not as profitable to have more people paying less because it means the club have to employ more stewards and hire more police.

Just a series of bad attendances could cause the club to fold so it is far to risky to mess around with a system which is keeping the club alive.

Nice idea though...

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Uncle Spielberg said:
Bottom half of division 3, no striker, no player of any worth, a team of youthers who are ok but div 3/4 standard, fans leaving in droves, lots of empty seats, sacking the best manager in this division, a youth team manager in charge who has now lost 3 in a row, no money for transfers or wages, Falmer issue running at 8 years and counting, lowest position for 6 years, no light in sight, the burgers are not as good as they were

What the feck are we going to do ??? :eek:

What kind of medication has your doctor prescribed to you?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Re: Re: This club is in its worst state for 8 years

brightonfan_86 said:
What kind of medication has your doctor prescribed to you?

No need for a doctor's prescription. He self medicates in the NSC Arms. A mixture of Kestrel, White Lighting, Molotov Cocktail and Taiwanese Fart Cushion will do that to a man.

Cocksucker Blue

Sep 3, 2006
Ernest said:

What annoyed me the most was the WAGs going out and celebrating whilst England were putting in one of the worst performances of all the nations. It really did ram home the point that all they really care about is the money their fellas earn.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Uncle Spielberg said:
Bottom half of division 3, no striker, no player of any worth, a team of youthers who are ok but div 3/4 standard, fans leaving in droves, lots of empty seats, sacking the best manager in this division, a youth team manager in charge who has now lost 3 in a row, no money for transfers or wages, Falmer issue running at 8 years and counting, lowest position for 6 years, no light in sight, the burgers are not as good as they were

What the feck are we going to do ??? :eek:

i said this when you went down last season ,that when magee should have gone giving you new boss time to build for the new season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The club is losing money with many supporters staying away from games so the next best thing is sell loads of lottery ticklets but I was told last night that the sales of these are dwindling because people are fed up with the current ones and the agents want to replace them with an other but they can't. Why? Because DK is only in the country one day a week for a board meeting and one day to go to games the rest of the time he is in Spain.

Was this man from the promotions team telling me and others standing around porkies? I hope so!!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here