Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"

:down: :down: :down:

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Spielberg said:
I shelled out £ 900 for 2 season tickets to watch woeful football this season. I do it coz I love the Albion but the last couple of years it has been more of an ordeal than a pleasure. Don't have a pop at someone who has had 8 x 2 season tickets in a row at Withdean, the empty seats should give you a clue the fare on offer is not appleaing to the general public and there are 40000 occassional Albion fans within 5 miles of Withdean.

We need a big manager, a big name, someone who will bang heads together, someone who will make the football world sit up, someone who will send a message out to LDC, Falmer nimby's and Baker we are not a club about to die and we are not limping to an inevitable end with no manager, no player and no prospects which is the way it is going now.

Can I suggest KEVIN KEEGAN.

Here's an idea, let's shell out a couple of million, get Arsene Wenger in as manager, build a 60,000 seater stadium....oh, hang a minute....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Uncle Spielberg said:
Can I suggest KEVIN KEEGAN.

We need a manager to work on a shoestring budget, and that doesn't exactly sound like Kevin Keegan to me.

Dandyman

In London village.
Jimmy Saville said:
This is getting better and better!!!! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What about Brian Robson??

I DEMAND that it's the late Bill Nicholson.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
_279834_keegan_hamburg150.jpg

Presumably he played alongside a certain Mark McGhee at Hamburg? If they're still in touch he can bring him up to speed on what needs to be done.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Hang on a minute.

Anyone else noticed the amount of empty spaces in many other grounds this season.

It seems to be a recurring theme on many other clubs message boards that fans are staying away more and more, maybe people are starting to realise that there is more to life than paying in the region of £25 to watch a very average product (not just ours) that you could get better value for money from elsewhere.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Rougvie said:
Hang on a minute.

Anyone else noticed the amount of empty spaces in many other grounds this season.

It seems to be a recurring theme on many other clubs message boards that fans are staying away more and more, maybe people are starting to realise that there is more to life than paying in the region of £25 to watch a very average product (not just ours) that you could get better value for money from elsewhere.
I've said it to MoH already today and now I'll say it to you: Keep your reasonable, analytical comments to yourself. Today is the day we let the knee-jerk pessimists rule NSC, a week or so ago (after the Orient game) it was the turn of the blind optimists. People who can stand back and look at the bigger picture are always going to be an abused minority on here.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Brovian said:
I've said it to MoH already today and now I'll say it to you: Keep your reasonable, analytical comments to yourself. Today is the day we let the knee-jerk pessimists rule NSC, a week or so ago (after the Orient game) it was the turn of the blind optimists. People who can stand back and look at the bigger picture are always going to be an abused minority on here.

Stop that, right now, it's not big and it's not clever :angry:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Rougvie said:
Hang on a minute.

Agreed.

Actually very much the reason people have to stop blaming 'lack of resources'. Withdean is crap, obviously, but is it much worse than Gresty Road? And I wonder how many teams in the bottom 2 divisions are financially better off than us? I would say a small handful. When Barry Fry was chairman of Peterborough he was filmed on Big Ron Manager wondering if this was the week that he'd lose his house, was this the month he couldn't pay his players? I'd say that's the normal for 75% of Football League clubs including those in the Championship.

At 25 quid a ticket the wonder is not that there are empty seats all throught the country but that 4000 - 7000 turn up week in week out. The blame? The big clubs simply have to shoulder some of it - it's the ridiculous TV and Oligarch fuelled wages at the top of the game that have an inflationary pressure throughout. The answer? A wiser man than me will have to come up with that one. The big clubs would frankly be mad to burst a bubble that keeps them at the top.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
dougdeep said:
Financially it's in the worst state ever. First priority must go to keeping it alive, whatever league we end up in.

:clap:

Thats the point that everyone is missing..it might be shite but it is the albion

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Football is being killed by too many things, the World Cup and Englands woeful performance by overpaid overhyped players, the whole WAG scene with stupid sluts spending money on a night out what takes the average fan to earn in months, the greed of the likes of Ashley Cole , agents and bungs and all that crap, Chelsea turning the Premiership into a one horse race and buying up any player they fancy whether they intend to play him or not, the ever increasing prices to get in and so on and so on.
Is it any wonder that genuine football fans are being priced out of going and are sickened by the game now ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"

:down: :down: :down:

Johny Vegas has made a career out of it

:lolol: :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ernest said:
Football is being killed by too many things, the World Cup and Englands woeful performance by overpaid overhyped players, the whole WAG scene with stupid sluts spending money on a night out what takes the average fan to earn in months, the greed of the likes of Ashley Cole , agents and bungs and all that crap, Chelsea turning the Premiership into a one horse race and buying up any player they fancy whether they intend to play him or not, the ever increasing prices to get in and so on and so on.
Is it any wonder that genuine football fans are being priced out of going and are sickened by the game now ?

I agree, Im gonna go and support CHELSEA now:angry:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Ernest said:

For once in my life I agree with every word you have said in that.

I'd actually like the money to disappear from football again making it a much more level playing field and allowing any team to be capable of beating any other team on their day.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Theatre of Trees said:
For once in my life I agree with every word you have said in that.

I'd actually like the money to disappear from football again making it a much more level playing field and allowing any team to be capable of beating any other team on their day.

Bit like the NFL...where I think they have a system where the teams that finish bottom have the pick of the best up and coming youngsters or something like that.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Simple solution really is to lower ticket prices to say,£15.00 for adults and £5.00 for kids,give the season ticket holders a refund on there money or give them the refunded money back next year in part payment for there season tickets 2007/2008.

I for one would seriously think about going back to watching them at home for that price,and you will get bums on seats.

After all the weather is going to get wetter and colder from now on!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Bit like the NFL...where I think they have a system where the teams that finish bottom have the pick of the best up and coming youngsters or something like that.
Very good idea, the draft system. In terms of administration and marketing, US sports are centuries ahead of the bungs and mates network that administers football in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here