Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This club is a JOKE

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is nothing about attention seeking. That is an easy way for people to deflect away from the issue by having a pop at me.

The comments in The Argus say the player were NOT offered new deals...not that they were but turned them down.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The thing that annoys me about Alexis the most was the fact Mcghee was whinging and moaning to the press(nothing new then) about getting the funds to sign him as he is a class player, then never players him.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
As this thread so ably demonstrates, the merits of individual players and their deserving of a contract or not, is entirely down to opinion. Personally I do think Nicolas would have been worth a year to show what he could do, and possibly Carpenter's tank has run dry. Butters however, I can't see what he's done so badly to attract Richie's ire. I thought, again, he was one of the better performers in a woeful season. Get rid of him and we do have a pretty young set of centre halves - who is to say how much influence Butts has on them away from the 90mins a week we see?

I may not agree with all the decisions (the whole Turienzo thing has turned into a bit of an embarrassment) but it seems to me that some people are using this as an opportunity for yet another bit of management/board bashing, a sport they clearly enjoy. You said Richie, that the club is a joke. Well the club doesn't just comprise Knight and McGhee; what of Wilkins, the players you do like, the other backroom staff, the administrative staff, etc etc. Are they all a 'joke' too, simply because you don't like the list of retained players?

FFS keep a sense of perspective. Let's at least wait and see who they bring in, before we start the slagging off for season '06/'07 shall we? Or can some people just not wait that long for another outpouring of bile?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Richie Morris said:
It is nothing about attention seeking. That is an easy way for people to deflect away from the issue by having a pop at me.

The comments in The Argus say the player were NOT offered new deals...not that they were but turned them down.

Some people would rather have a go at you for some reason than admit the club got it wrong, not for the first time this season.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Richie Morris said:
Because the Argus says he was not offered one...

.... and journalists are well known for geting their facts right !!! :rolleyes:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagullible said:
and the Argus is always right and was discussing who to keep/release with DK and McGhoo???
Richie, you're supposed to know that journalists use a certain poetic liscence when it comes to reporting

To be fair to RM there is no other source to disprove what he said at the moment, so we can only go by what we know.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

ditchy said:
So Richie were you party to the negotiations that went on ? Do you know for sure that others such as Nicholas were not offered a deal but turned it down .. As usual you want to "hype " everything up to seek yet more attention .

Well he IS a journo isn't he!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky Gerbils said:
Some people would rather have a go at you for some reason than admit the club got it wrong, not for the first time this season.

And some people are bored with some other peoples' repetitive rants.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Richie Morris said:

The team lacked leadership on the pitch after Oatway left and numerous members of the team were anonymous in important games.

Butters and Carpenter spring to mind...

Mayo hardly features, has had 10 good years out of the Albion and never commands a starting place. Lets chuck another year at home shall we?

Nicolas...talented, good YOUNG prospect. No lets not even BOTHER offering him a deal.

Agree that Oatway was a big loss last year and that no-one really filled the void.

Yes Chippy was the main culprit but he was returning from injury so not fully fit.

Butters was marshalling a very young defence and doing a pretty good job of it if you ask me.

If we let Mayo go we'll only have a young and inexperienced Lynch available at left back. We need Mayo to compete for the role.

I saw Nicolas have one good game (away at West Ham the season before) other than that I have seen nothing that makes me think he is the answer to our midfield problem. Magoo obviously feels the same way.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Richie Morris said:
Butters is too slow, does not even win his headers anymore and was covered for most of the season by McShane.

If YOU say so. Hey I'll tell you what, when you see him at The Who concert next month introduce yourself and TELL him where hes going wrong and how do his job properly :thumbsup:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Race said:
If YOU say so. Hey I'll tell you what, when you see him at The Who concert next month introduce yourself and TELL him where hes going wrong and how do his job properly :thumbsup:

dont forget yr zimmer frame :lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Nicolas was on a YOUTH team players wages at Chelsea and I think he may have been signed pre Abramovich...

Nicolas spent a season at Chelsea under the Abramovich era. Seeing as he was 21 when he joined us he ceratinly wouldn't have been on YOUTH team players wages at Chelsea. He would have been on a decent amount as a young pro at a big Premiership club, even before Abramovich came along. He would have taken a pay cut to join us, and even then I bet he was one of the better paid members of the squad, surely better than those that had come up through the divisions with us.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
Nicolas spent a season at Chelsea under the Abramovich era. Seeing as he was 21 when he joined us he ceratinly wouldn't have been on YOUTH team players wages at Chelsea. He would have been on a decent amount as a young pro at a big Premiership club, even before Abramovich came along. He would have taken a pay cut to join us, and even then I bet he was one of the better paid members of the squad, surely better than those that had come up through the divisions with us.

Ooooo .... you don't mean to say a jorno got his facts WRONG ? :lolol:

McCammon, Nicolas and Kuipers were all top earners in the squad. I can understand the reasoning that even if they can "still do a job", the money could be put to better use with new, good signings. Of course this relies on actually making those signings...
I would also wager that the likes of Butters and probably Carpenter are on much reduced wages now.

(yes I know we haven't released Kuipers before anyone says, but I bet he is next to be shipped out)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky Gerbils said:
Sorry? didnt realise this was the second or third time players had been released this year?

Kinky, you know what I'm saying, you're not that dense are you ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Herne Hill Seagull said:
As this thread so ably demonstrates, the merits of individual players and their deserving of a contract or not, is entirely down to opinion. Personally I do think Nicolas would have been worth a year to show what he could do, and possibly Carpenter's tank has run dry. Butters however, I can't see what he's done so badly to attract Richie's ire. I thought, again, he was one of the better performers in a woeful season. Get rid of him and we do have a pretty young set of centre halves - who is to say how much influence Butts has on them away from the 90mins a week we see?

I may not agree with all the decisions (the whole Turienzo thing has turned into a bit of an embarrassment) but it seems to me that some people are using this as an opportunity for yet another bit of management/board bashing, a sport they clearly enjoy. You said Richie, that the club is a joke. Well the club doesn't just comprise Knight and McGhee; what of Wilkins, the players you do like, the other backroom staff, the administrative staff, etc etc. Are they all a 'joke' too, simply because you don't like the list of retained players?

FFS keep a sense of perspective. Let's at least wait and see who they bring in, before we start the slagging off for season '06/'07 shall we? Or can some people just not wait that long for another outpouring of bile?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here