Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This club is a JOKE

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And not a very funny one at that.

We leave the Championship without so much as a whimper and our quick fix to get back up is to offer deals to some players who were directly at fault for that.

The team lacked leadership on the pitch after Oatway left and numerous members of the team were anonymous in important games.

Butters and Carpenter spring to mind...

Result? Give them new deals to 'help the youngsters on'

Mayo hardly features, has had 10 good years out of the Albion and never commands a starting place. Lets chuck another year at home shall we?

Nicolas...talented, good YOUNG prospect. No lets not even BOTHER offering him a deal.

Going to be shame when our good young players get approached by other clubs and understandably leave for better things and we are stuck with an AWFUL team.

I blame McGhee AND Knight...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nicolas will be the same as Leon Knight with McGhee moaning we don't have a centre midfield player but ignoring the fact he just sacked off a very good one.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When he HAS played his has done a better job then most of our midfielders.

He can manage to pass the ball to a Brighton player without it going BEHIND them.

He can control the ball, he offers a good protective shield for the centre backs, changes the angle of attacks and is busy and gets his foot in.

In short NOTHING like Carpenter...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We need players that can operate in League One. Do you know of any relegated team that has a wholesale clear out ? And we can then replace them with other Clubs cast-offs. Great plan.

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Richie Morris said:

We leave the Championship without so much as a whimper and our quick fix to get back up is to offer deals to some players who were directly at fault for that.

The team lacked leadership on the pitch after Oatway left and numerous members of the team were anonymous in important games.

Mayo hardly features, has had 10 good years out of the Albion and never commands a starting place. Lets chuck another year at home shall we?

Nicolas...talented, good YOUNG prospect. No lets not even BOTHER offering him a deal.

Going to be shame when our good young players get approached by other clubs and understandably leave for better things and we are stuck with an AWFUL team.

FFS:angry:

Oh lets all give up then shall we! For god sake we dont know what went on behind the scenes, all the players retained are good enough for this level, with our new young pro's and a couple of good signings we will have a good squad. All the players let go were probably on decent wages Nicolas waws from Chelsea after all! Just wait a nd see and stop doing the club down all the time it aint gonna help.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Richie Morris said:
When he HAS played his has done a better job then most of our midfielders.

He can manage to pass the ball to a Brighton player without it going BEHIND them.

He can control the ball, he offers a good protective shield for the centre backs, changes the angle of attacks and is busy and gets his foot in.

In short NOTHING like Carpenter...

Carpenter had a bad season, I think it was not helped by his early comeback from injury and he never looked fit. Always playing catch up. A summers break will do him the world of good.

From what I remember, Nicolas was a good player but not out of this world. He did tend to pass the ball backwards.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Personally I see this as a great opportunity to totally re-build the team. We're still living on past glories that Adams built. The team that Adams build is now getting on a bit and with the injuries picked up ofer the years they're not the players they were. Expecially Chippy and Hart.

We have some decent youngsters coming through. League 1 is a much better platform to introduce them to the first team rather than a struggling team in the Championship. Id like to see 6 or 7 new faces in the starting line up next season made up of about 4 new signings and our youth players making the step up.

We may not set the world on fire next season but we should view it as a year to create something. the following year we should then be expecting promotion. This is basically what Adams did. Take you time, get it right and it will last much longer than any quick fix.

I'd also include a change of manager in that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Richie Morris said:
Nicolas was on a YOUTH team players wages at Chelsea and I think he may have been signed pre Abramovich...

Richie, try valium. Your habit of starting threads that are clearly inflammatory doesn't do your credibility any good.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't care about my credibility with anyone on here which is probably just as well...

This club does not market itself properly, it won't fill the new seats next season just like it did not this season.

On the pitch it is a joke and is letting talented players slip away because of a stubborn manager who does not have a clue and would rather operate a 'jobs for the boys' system...all the players we have given new deals to have been here for FIVE years at least...trading on past glories.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Seagullible said:
how do you know that Nicolas wasn't offered a deal and the reason for the delays was due to negotiation and eventually he said no to a new deal from us

Because the Argus says he was not offered one...

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Richie Morris said:

That about sums-up my feelings as well. My only hope is that we can bring in some real talent for next year. But, i wont be holding my breath! :nono:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Richie Morris said:

So Richie were you party to the negotiations that went on ? Do you know for sure that others such as Nicholas were not offered a deal but turned it down .. As usual you want to "hype " everything up to seek yet more attention .

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Richie Morris said:
I don't care about my credibility with anyone on here which is probably just as well...

This club does not market itself properly, it won't fill the new seats next season just like it did not this season.

On the pitch it is a joke and is letting talented players slip away because of a stubborn manager who does not have a clue and would rather operate a 'jobs for the boys' system...all the players we have given new deals to have been here for FIVE years at least...trading on past glories.

Great support for next season mate well done :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here