Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third test - Pakistan v England, Dubai

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two words - laughing. stock.

Morgan's test average after 16 matches 30.43 ... not good enough

Who do you replace him with though? I don't think Bopara is any better, in which case you are probably looking at a debutant in Sri Lanka coming in at 6; someone like James Taylor? Or you look to bring in another bowler, in which case either Samit Patel or (if he's fit) Tim Bresnan.

edit: I should point out that I agree, and I'm not sure that he's a Test player. Out of the options I present I'd play Bresnan at 7, with Prior at 6 and Broad at 8, meaning 3 seamers and 2 spinners. He may not make a huge number of runs but as much as anything else I think he has great character and would certainly have made a better fist of this series than Morgan.

Jul 20, 2003
Who do you replace him with though? I don't think Bopara is any better, in which case you are probably looking at a debutant in Sri Lanka coming in at 6; someone like James Taylor? Or you look to bring in another bowler, in which case either Samit Patel or (if he's fit) Tim Bresnan.

edit: I should point out that I agree, and I'm not sure that he's a Test player. Out of the options I present I'd play Bresnan at 7, with Prior at 6 and Broad at 8, meaning 3 seamers and 2 spinners. He may not make a huge number of runs but as much as anything else I think he has great character and would certainly have made a better fist of this series than Morgan.

good call

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here