Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third test - Pakistan v England, Dubai

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just need 50s from Jimmy and Prior, Monty puts a few on and .......- what can go wrong?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
F_200401_january23e_105655a.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From Mike, Ashford, TMS inbox: "Just spoke to Toby, aged 10, from across the road. Told me his Dad's car just skidded slowly sideways, the wrong way, in the snow into their garden hedge. I quote Toby: 'It was a real doosra'."

From Dr T in Billericay: "Re Toby aged 10 Does Toby bat at all? If so, he appears to be the only English batsman to recognise a doosra."

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don't understand the attitude of our batsmen this morning, Anderson managed to nurdle it around a bit yet the top order batsmen seemed to go with the attitude of boundary or block, I thought we'd learnt to play spin a bit better but this series has proven once again how vulnerable we are to a top class spinner

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
You would get good odds at the bookies for the Sussex pair getting the 85 odd runs that will see us home - and someone having a deal on those very good odds is the only chance we have

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
England's batting averages for this series will make interesting reading, will anyone have averaged 30...28..25?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Think I'm right in saying if Prior gets 61 he will have most runs by Englishman in series (162), as well as highest average.

At other end of spectrum, series averages:

Morgan 13.6
KP 11.2
Bell 8.5

In 6 innings those are appalling averages!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And that's the frustrating thing here - you look at Strauss, Bell, Pietersen and Trott and think that with over a day left to play (so in cricket terms as close to all the time in the world) they really should have between them got the additional 80 or so we needed.

This is a kick up the backside for the team and how they react will be critical to their chances of staying/getting back to the Number 1 position

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Well not most runs but Prior well and truly tops averages-37.5. Next nearest Trott-26.8.

At least one batsman comes out of series with head held high!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This is a kick up the backside for the team and how they react will be critical to their chances of staying/getting back to the Number 1 position

Does this mean we lose our No 1 ranking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here