Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Test- India v England- Venue: Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad 24-28.02.2021

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
A two day test, regardless of England’s ineptness, this pitch is unacceptable, the footmarks falling the pieces after the first few hours making it impossible to bowl seam bowlers and totally random spin/lack of.

And yet I’m sure the BCCI will escape criticism, again, you can’t defend pitches like this in FIVE day test cricket, regardless of how poorly we’ve batted, even this fantastic Indian batting line up looked utterly clueless to it

I take it sweeping up loose dirt from the wickets Unusual then ? Then the batsman rakes up more with his spikes !

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
‘When you’re playing on a green top that’s fine, but when it spins everyone has a problem, real batsman score runs on pitches like this’

The Indian commentators amaze me, I’m guessing India have no proper batsman either then ???

Did they get 300 on this pitch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
The thing is, a green top is only like this for a day. It then dries out and gets easier to bat on. This pitch just gets worse and worse.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Late to the party may have been previously mentioned Or on the other thread
Why are the crowd sitting so close together and without masks ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Indian's are always so sure of themselves and get stroppy when questioned as Swanny has done a few times. You feel you're a moment away from a diplomatic incident all the time. Question the wicket, you're insulting their family, their country their curry.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought Archer had some pretentions to batting, rather than just having a wild slog.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I doubt this pitch has been prepared like this on purpose, it's turned the whole game into a lottery. When the pitch turns so much that Joe Root takes 5 all it does is reduce India's advantage in quality spinners.

First game at the ground, I think the ground staff have got it horribly wrong. Which isn't to say they weren't aiming for a dry pitch, just not one this bad.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I take it sweeping up loose dirt from the wickets Unusual then ? Then the batsman rakes up more with his spikes !

Not uncommon for sub-continent pitches, but after 1 1/2 days to see a pitch playing like this and the way the fast bowlers foot marks fell apart after half a day makes it clear this pitch hasn’t been prepared properly.

I hate people who use the pitches as an excuse, India are well within their rights with home advantage to produce a spinning top but this pitch that is not fit for purpose, and it’s purpose was meant to be a 5 day TEST match.

It’s clear after the first match, which was a more traditional Indian wicket where you bat first and score big and then it turns big later on, because England won the toss and thus the match they haven’t risked preparing another pitch like that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Another very close

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Third umpire ‘Clear gap between ball and bat’

I’m sorry, what? I’m not saying that should have been overturned as it was very close either way but there’s no way there was a ‘clear gap’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here