Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Test- India v England- Venue: Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad 24-28.02.2021

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
India panicked after the first Test and ensured that the last two wickets were terrible. They shouldn't be allowed to play in the Test Championship at Lords (assuming they make it).

I’d prepare them a furious green top to face New Zealand at Lords in the WTC final :lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
When was the last two day Test completed?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
England have not helped themselves in their batting.

Root and Stokes tapped, padded and prodded top quality spinners to various close fielders. To what effect? Time no longer matters. And you can't bat spinners out of the attack through attrition, it has to be because they're expensive.

Both should have tried clubbing Patel out. It looked like Stokes was doing that, but he got a close decision his way and went back into his shell. The only way we could've won this was with Root and Stokes adding quick runs. India would have absolutely shat themselves if they had tried. They would have retreated knowing they still had time to bat and put doubt in their own minds over the pitch, that perhaps it isn't as bad as they thought...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I think it might to be honest, see our first innings against Ireland a few years back. Some awful decision making!

Fair point, it definitely does happen. I'm not sure what England's batting line up was in that game though, I remember a lot of players were rested.

On this pitch though, it's why I'd bat Foakes higher up the order. He seems much calmer and to have more faith in his defence in these conditions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Swing the bat Archer

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Realistically India could play 9 batsman and just bowl Ashwin and Axar :lolol:

Archer won’t last long, the fact he’s in at 8 is astounding.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
This is fun.:wrong:

Commentators talking like the Indian spinners are geniuses getting turn on this pitch. I’ve been on a campsite and batted on a better track!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Tell a lie, they mention the pitch when Pant fails to take one...

I though Glenn MCGrath was biased in the com box, but he’s got nothing on these...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is fun.:wrong:

Commentators talking like the Indian spinners are geniuses getting turn on this pitch. I’ve been on a campsite and batted on a better track!
Agreed. "Sensational delivery from Ashwin"

Er, not really. It just kept straight and because the pitch is so unpredictable, the batsman misread it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Obviously my knowledge is limited, and in the grand scheme of things it matters not but can someone who has played a bit explain something?

How did Root & Co come to the decision to play Archer, Broad and Anderson having seen the pitch and conditions prior to the start?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here