Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Test- India v England- Venue: Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad 24-28.02.2021

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
At least he batted in the right manner here. A bit more aggressively. I want Sibley dropped before Pope, he is absolute shite.

Sibley got out slogging, aggressive mindset or defensive we cannot play spin, or ironically in this test LACK of spin given most of the wickets have been straight balls.

I know what you’re saying but it’s easy to say play aggressive, when you can’t read spin and the pitch is playing so unpredictably the chances of you even connecting with those slogs is unlikely.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Obviously my knowledge is limited, and in the grand scheme of things it matters not but can someone who has played a bit explain something?

How did Root & Co come to the decision to play Archer, Broad and Anderson having seen the pitch and conditions prior to the start?

The pink ball normally swings under the lights in the last session of the day

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sibley got out slogging, aggressive mindset or defensive we cannot play spin, or ironically in this test LACK of spin given most of the wickets have been straight balls.

I know what you’re saying but it’s easy to say play aggressive, when you can’t read spin and the pitch is playing so unpredictably the chances of you even connecting with those slogs is unlikely.
Sibley is shite anyway, and he burned a review pointlessly which at that point may have ended up costing the test match. He is crap, not a test batsman.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was worth a review as it was missing leg and off stumps pity about middle:lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A two day test, regardless of England’s ineptness, this pitch is unacceptable, the footmarks falling the pieces after the first few hours making it impossible to bowl seam bowlers and totally random spin/lack of.

And yet I’m sure the BCCI will escape criticism, again, you can’t defend pitches like this in FIVE day test cricket, regardless of how poorly we’ve batted, even this fantastic Indian batting line up looked utterly clueless to it

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

India lost 7 wickets today to part time spinner. Presumably they can't play spin either? This is a ****ing minefield with some balls ragging and other turning (no matter what the bolder does).

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Obviously my knowledge is limited, and in the grand scheme of things it matters not but can someone who has played a bit explain something?

How did Root & Co come to the decision to play Archer, Broad and Anderson having seen the pitch and conditions prior to the start?

They don't have any faith in the other spin bowling options. The way Bess bowls if he gave away a couple of expensive overs on this pitch that could have been the difference between the sides.

Also, as mentioned already, there was some hope the ball would swing under lights. Which it did for about 10 overs. If the batsmen had managed 200 in the first innings we'd be bossing this game.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Six from Jack Leach. Game on!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Way to go Leach

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would like to see these commentators go and have a go.

You could fall out with them very quickly if they in the same room as you.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
‘When you’re playing on a green top that’s fine, but when it spins everyone has a problem, real batsman score runs on pitches like this’

The Indian commentators amaze me, I’m guessing India have no proper batsman either then ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here