Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Old Trafford 1-5 Aug 2013

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nailed on 100 for the captain, questions on why he hasn't waited till the 3rd test to bat up the order.

300-3 by the close.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Nailed on 100 for the captain, questions on why he hasn't waited till the 3rd test to bat up the order.

300-3 by the close.

He batted at number 4 in the 1st test. But then reverted to #5 in the 2nd test as he felt he played best in that position and they moved Phil Hughes up a couple of places. They've now dropped Hughes and convinced Clarke that as he's their best batsman by some distance, that he should be at #4 all the time.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is going to be a massive edge not given isn't it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For consistency has to be not out, but he's hit that. 1-1 on decisions.

Hotspot is gash.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now this is an example of the umpires using the technology correctly. Umpire makes a call, no evidence available to suggest otherwise, so don't overturn the on-field umpire's decision.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Clarke is DEFINITELY getting a hundred now. Nailed on.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tea 180-3 (53 overs)

It's going to be a long evening session (37 overs and a new ball) which will dictate the balance of power... Australia will be happier right now... but two more wickets and it is all back in the balance.

It has been a decent day of Test Match cricket so far, which in the circumstances, is quite welcome.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
3rd umpire appears to be swinging from a dreadful reversing of a correct on field decision for Trott's LBW in the first Test, to now supporting the on field decision, incorrectly here.

They don't really seem to have any consistent guidance on how to assess the information.

Personally I think the 3rd umpire is swigging from a ....bottle of Absinthe :whisky:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Seems to be all sorts of tech issues here. I can't see what else that noise can be if not bat on ball.

I think sound travels more slowly in the north, they obviously haven't accounted for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here