Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I meant 15k not 25k, my bad.

No way can 50 fans do 500 fans, however GAME the 50 are. However, if the frontline of the 500 run, the rest run, thats a fact of life, if 1 runs, the all run, its like a ripple effect, but i very much doubt the 500 spurs took a tonking.
You're obviously not old enough to know about the Bosun Boys then. :)

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I meant 15k not 25k, my bad.

No way can 50 fans do 500 fans, however GAME the 50 are. However, if the frontline of the 500 run, the rest run, thats a fact of life, if 1 runs, the all run, its like a ripple effect, but i very much doubt the 500 spurs took a tonking.

PD

But Spurs didnt bargain on The Bosun that day!
Heres some rare footage of one of there main firm "in action", at another game.
Note how he cleverly leaves his socks and shoes on, just in case it "kicks off"! ???

YouTube - Big Match Streaker

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Do you remmeber when Oxford were down at the goldstone, and the OB made them take there shoes off, and there was about 2000 pairs of Doc Martens outside :lolol: ..

...Good times.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Do you remmeber when Oxford were down at the goldstone, and the OB made them take there shoes off, and there was about 2000 pairs of Doc Martens outside :lolol: ..

...Good times.

PD

Oxford was before my time.
Anyway how many of the 2000 were 14 eye in classic "cherry red"?

You definetly need your "boots on" for when you are dancing to this! ???

watch

PD

Oxford was before my time.
Anyway how many of the 2000 were 14 eye in classic "cherry red"?

You definetly need your "boots on" for when you are dancing to this! ???

watch

must admit i use to have a laugh with the specials doing that one.

Cue one of the best gigs ever. Fact.

Specials in 79 at the Top Rank, on the last night of the Tory Party Conference.

The hardest roughest crowd ever, skins, SWP, scrapping every where.

Specials walked off 3 times or more due to the fighting.

Eventually things calmed down - to an electric set which included six encores, numerous stage invasions.

I remember taking the mike a number of times.

Great night.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008

Eventually things calmed down - to an electric set which included six encores, numerous stage invasions.

Great night.

LC

Specially for you.
Its from 79.
But still prefer the original version............

YouTube - The Specials-Skinhead Moonstomp (1979)

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008

Great night.

LC

"must admit i use to have a laugh with the specials doing that one".

Especially as many in the crowd at that time knew them as The Specials + tw.......... ???

LC

"must admit i use to have a laugh with the specials doing that one".

Especially as many in the crowd at that time knew them as The Specials + tw.......... ???

twats?

?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You're obviously not old enough to know about the Bosun Boys then. :)

My dad was a local in the Bosun in the late 70s early 80s, I know at least 10-15 of them very well, as a couple used to drink in the Spread Eagle, before it closed down.So, that backfired.

Also, i asked someone else about this today, Brighton brang 8000 to the Lane(The whole Park Lane) , and Spurs fans thought :eek:If there bringing this up here, god knows what there'll be like down in Brighton.This person reckons we had the whole of the North Stand, the OFFICAL away bit to the left, and he was on the half way line and he said that was all Spurs, so the 3000 figure seems a bit bias. 10-15k:thumbsup:

apparently all the brighton fans run on the pitch into the south stand:shrug:.

And when it went 3-1 Nutty ( terry) naylor came over to the spurs fans and tried to get them to pitch invade to get it abandoned:lolol::lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
My dad was a local in the Bosun in the late 70s early 80s, I know at least 10-15 of them very well, as a couple used to drink in the Spread Eagle, before it closed down.So, that backfired.

Also, i asked someone else about this today, Brighton brang 8000 to the Lane(The whole Park Lane) , and Spurs fans thought :eek:If there bringing this up here, god knows what there'll be like down in Brighton.This person reckons we had the whole of the North Stand, the OFFICAL away bit to the left, and he was on the half way line and he said that was all Spurs, so the 3000 figure seems a bit bias. 10-15k:thumbsup:

apparently all the brighton fans run on the pitch into the south stand:shrug:.

And when it went 3-1 Nutty ( terry) naylor came over to the spurs fans and tried to get them to pitch invade to get it abandoned:lolol::lolol:
arsenal had 10k down the goldstone so its highly unlikely you could manage the same:lolol:

arsenal had 10k down the goldstone so its highly unlikely you could manage the same:lolol:

somehow the maths just don't add up, I think we all believed in the seventies that the crowd surpassed 33,500 on occasions.

But with us selling our allocation at these games say 29,000, how could the ground physically hold another 10,000.

Even at 30,000 games in the 70's we were more squashed than a sardine.

How no one got seriously hurt in a crush or during knees up mother brown, is beyond me.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
somehow the maths just don't add up, I think we all believed in the seventies that the crowd surpassed 33,500 on occasions.

But with us selling our allocation at these games say 29,000, how could the ground physically hold another 10,000.

Even at 30,000 games in the 70's we were more squashed than a sardine.

How no one got seriously hurt in a crush or during knees up mother brown, is beyond me.
Thats because in the old days it was always pay on the gate hence the away fans in the home end,but these are estimated only.Im sure in many games we could of had 45k no probs but the ground was to small.:glare:

Thats because in the old days it was always pay on the gate hence the away fans in the home end,but these are estimated only.Im sure in many games we could of had 45k no probs but the ground was to small.:glare:

I seem to remember getting tickets for Arsenal .................or was that something else

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I'm dreading the day Arsenal's support is NEARLY as good as ours, cant see it happening though.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Some games, including Spurs that season were 'All Ticket' with tickets being sold at reserve team games. (we had over 16,000 for one reserve team match)

One of the reasons why Spurs had so many fans there that day was that they had Tickets for the North Stand - they didn't need to take it - they were already in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here