Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Things your kids would NEVER understand...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We were dead posh.

We had a remote control, with a WIRE draping across the living room.

A mate of mine was the first person I know to get a telly with a remote control. To avoid losing it his dad insisted it was kept on top of the telly at all times.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Taking photos and not being able to see them until you'd finished the film, saved up, posted them off and waited 2 weeks for them to come back again

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The very notion of 960 small coins to make a GBP.

Come to think of it - tables! £sd; Feet, inches, yards, chains and furlongs; tons, cwts, stones, lbs and ozs; pints, quarts and gallons - today's kids just couldn't take it!!

Anybody remember to what is 63,360 the answer?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not wanting to have a mobile phone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A mate of mine was the first person I know to get a telly with a remote control. To avoid losing it his dad insisted it was kept on top of the telly at all times.

When we got a VCR, my mum INSISTED we cover up the front of it at night by leaning a book against the display, lest burglars see the green glow.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Playing in the road until Someone shouts "CAR"at which point all the kids move to the pavement to let the car through.
The car drives very slowly because there is kids about and then once safely past the kids resume play for another hour or so until the next car comes along.
We would play cricket,tennis,football all in the road.
The best game was kerby I don't know if anyone else played it or if it was just our street.
Kerby was a fantastic game but Impossible to play now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
00d5b9362345d4c0946df1b04d9a6ac0.jpeg

Tinder in the 80s

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If I remember rightly New Maths started for me in 1968 at Moulsecoomb Secondary School.
I logged out for the next five years and played football instead :moo:

But did you log out using base ten or base e? ???

:wink:

Hope all's well, O man of indomitable spirit and fortitude :bowdown: :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As a kid, knowing to avoid the ‘funny bloke’ who lived on his own because he likes little boys/girls.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Evening Argus being the first place to get local news and football results on a Saturday night (if you had missed Final Score).

Having dinner at dinner time and tea at tea time.

Motorcycle courier taking rolls of film from the snapper at half time to get pics from the game, to go with Vinicombes report in the night final, which you could buy at Brighton Station by the time you got back there and had bought a bag of chips from Sing Li.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Wrapping up warm in winter when you go for a drive.
I used to scrape the inside of the windscreen for my mum if we went above 50 mph the windscreen would ice up.
Also getting into a car in the summer and not being able to sit on the seats properly a for while or the plastic seats would burn your legs.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Clean drugs.
Not stabbing people.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Base e logarithms - what was that all about ? :)

Well, obviously, the number e, also known as Euler's number, is a mathematical constant approximately equal to 2.71828, and can be characterized in many ways. It is the base of the natural logarithm. It is the limit of (1 + 1/n)n as n approaches infinity, an expression that arises in the study of compound interest. It can also be calculated as the sum of the infinite series

e = ∑ n = 0 ∞ 1 n ! = 1 + 1 1 + 1 1 ⋅ 2 + 1 1 ⋅ 2 ⋅ 3 + ⋯ {\displaystyle e=\sum \limits _{n=0}^{\infty }{\frac {1}{n!}}=1+{\frac {1}{1}}+{\frac {1}{1\cdot 2}}+{\frac {1}{1\cdot 2\cdot 3}}+\cdots } {\displaystyle e=\sum \limits _{n=0}^{\infty }{\frac {1}{n!}}=1+{\frac {1}{1}}+{\frac {1}{1\cdot 2}}+{\frac {1}{1\cdot 2\cdot 3}}+\cdots }

It is also the unique positive number a such that the graph of the function y = ax has a slope of 1 at x = 0.

The rest is obvious :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here