Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things You Wished You'd Done Years Ago

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
I'm doing the same course I wanted to do (I'm in my forties), I really enjoy it but I think I would've at the time as well. My study habits and doing everything last minute doesn't seem to have changed since my A levels (I have tried). If there's a 12pm deadline, I'll be referencing at 10am & submitting it at 11.59am. :blush:

That'll never change! I think I've only completed one thing the day before a deadline - the majority being submitted with a few mins to spare.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Join the Civil Service.

I did it a few years ago, wish I'd done it far earlier in my working life.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I don't stream on Twitch at the moment but I do have plans to.

I play an assortment of games, really just whatever I fancy at any given time. Currently going through Death's Door which is great fun and today I've recorded a few episodes of a hidden object horror game. I've also played some point and click games and card builders. I played a lot of a spaceship management game called Space Haven.

The job thing is a recent idea based entirely on those numbers there. Do I really want to spend the next 30 years of my life doing what I'm doing? Not really!

Good point! You can find me here - https://www.youtube.com/c/EightHourGamer

Out of interest (and without wishing to get sidetracked by plugging an entirely different YouTube channel about computer games), have you come across Zero Punctuation? I came across it at the start of the first lockdown and have been shoving it under the noses of all my friends I've seen since. I mention it since the guy who does the reviews is mainly interested in narrative in games and horror games, both of which you mention in the About section on your YouTube channel (yes I actually followed the link :thumbsup: ).

Anyway, if you're not I'll leave this link here, https://youtu.be/HWxEwdGpIPQ, because the funniest reviews are the most critical. If you have come across it before, well, sorry for wasting your time :).

Anyway, good luck with it all :clap:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Had my mental health condition diagnosed 50 years ago before I'd ruined two marriages, several other relationships, other people's lives, and all that stuff.

(Aspergers/autism spectum - off the scale)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Should have given up smoking years earlier and started back exercising earlier than that......plus a load of trivial stuff which falls under the first world problems category

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
When I turned 39 I decided I would sort myself out and get fit by the time I turned 40.

I was 18 stone on my 39th birthday and I was 12 stone by the time I turned 40.

I have managed to continue with this healthy life style for nearly 5 years now.

I feel so much better and fitter. I wish I had done it years ago.

Hi BB, I don't mean to pry if you don't feel it's my business, but that's bleeding marvellous.
Could you let us into how you managed to get back into shape please and lose
all that weight. Asking for a friend like ;)

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Wasn't until I got a road bike again in my 40's that I discovered cleats and 'proper' cycling. By which time, I was just another middle aged, over weight **** in lycra :(

Why do so many middle aged cyclists feel the urge to wear lycra? I'm in my 40s and cycle around 200km a week but have never ever been tempted to wear it as shorts n t-shirt work just fine. :shrug:

Anyway, I wish I'd done more solo travelling in my teens and although I did a heck of a lot of partying there were so many more clubs/raves I wish I'd made it to. I also wish I'd been to see some of the great 80s rock/pop stars perform live in their prime.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Running, wish I had started earlier in life rather than waiting until my late 30s.
Stretching, wish I had started stretching earlier in life rather than waiting until late 40s, by which time a lot of the damage was done.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Asked my grandparents more about their life and times and predecessors of all those years ago.It would have added a lot to the names I have since discovered and researched via Ancestry, Scotlands People etc.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I wish I had worn a mask for all the dusty work I carried out as a self employed plumber.
In the forty six years I worked I hardly ever wore one.
It came back to bite me when I got Ethmoid cancer three years ago.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Asked my grandparents more about their life and times and predecessors of all those years ago.It would have added a lot to the names I have since discovered and researched via Ancestry, Scotlands People etc.

Yeah, I'd go for this. It's particularly hard in Wales as there are so many people with the same time. I'm looking for my g-grandfather's parents and you wouldn't believe how many David Thomases there are. I remember my g-grandad but I never thought to ask him about his family.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Out of interest (and without wishing to get sidetracked by plugging an entirely different YouTube channel about computer games), have you come across Zero Punctuation? I came across it at the start of the first lockdown and have been shoving it under the noses of all my friends I've seen since. I mention it since the guy who does the reviews is mainly interested in narrative in games and horror games, both of which you mention in the About section on your YouTube channel (yes I actually followed the link :thumbsup: ).

Anyway, if you're not I'll leave this link here, https://youtu.be/HWxEwdGpIPQ, because the funniest reviews are the most critical. If you have come across it before, well, sorry for wasting your time :).

Anyway, good luck with it all :clap:

Yes! Zero Punctuation is brilliant, been watching him for a while. He also makes his own games which are great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here