NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
baby-on-board_2365945b.jpg

Oh OK, I won't crash into the back of you then :facepalm:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Drivers who seem to spend half their lives getting irate at other drivers. Causes accidents, deffo.
Drivers who, for some reason, seem to think they pay more for the roads than cyclists. Or pedestrians.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
This. I don't want to lump all motorcyclists into the same category but a lot of them give the others a bad name. The ones that go past you on the inside on a motorway, sometimes even forcing you to move over because they are between cars, IDIOTS. As you say, when they cross over the middle line on a single carriageway and you have to move over to avoid them, this royally pisses me off.

Yes, one forced my wife to swerve and she hit a drain cover on the side of the road, bursting both nearside tyres. Very scary, expensive and lucky she was not hurt.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Cant believe this hasn't had a mention. When your in a long queue of cars (for example exiting a motorway) & people sail past the queue & stick their indicator on & try & cut in at the front. This leaves them sat in the nearside lane & causes delays as well as driving you nuts when you've been sat in the queue for a while. Happens at roadworks when they reduce from 3 lanes to 2 etc.
Also on single lane rural roads, numpties who drive 10 mph below the limit leaving a huge gap in the front of them. You just know a tractor or something will pull in to that gap meaning that you then end up driving 20 mph below the limit.
Living near Eastbourne I am generally obstructed by our old folk. Much as we love them they have nowhere to go & all day to get there!

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Pretty much most of these things happen across the globe -

i've driven in france belguim holland germany oz us NZ spain - although the middle lane maggot seems to much more a UK skill !

texting, phoning, putting on make-up !!!

do your own little survey - next time you spot a bad driver (slow on a fast road, map reading & weaving, fast on a slow road) take a note of the sex, age, ethnicity and you would be surprised at the results 80% fit into one group

Mr 30k miles a year would know

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Pretty much most of these things happen across the globe -

i've driven in france belguim holland germany oz us NZ spain - although the middle lane maggot seems to much more a UK skill !

texting, phoning, putting on make-up !!!

do your own little survey - next time you spot a bad driver (slow on a fast road, map reading & weaving, fast on a slow road) take a note of the sex, age, ethnicity and you would be surprised at the results 80% fit into one group

Mr 30k miles a year would know

I was amazed at just how many people I saw driving whilst on their mobile phone in the US, it's MILES worse than here and seems to be acceptable behaviour (especially in LA).

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Traffic light jumpers.

Woodingdean crossroads before the re design is a case in point.

Coming from warren way and trying to turn right up Falmer rd. people coming from the racehill never let you across. Then the lights turn red and another 3 cars come through still leaving you on the middle of the junction when the other direction have gone green. It still happens now even with the filter light:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Not only that junction either, it happens a lot everywhere. ALL junctions should have cameras on to stop this behaviour.

This 100% those pricks really wind me up in the morning

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I must get hold of the motorcycle Highway Code - you know the one which allows them to travel at any speed whenever and wherever they want; and also allows them to cross double (or single) white lines. I realise they are more vulnerable than 4 wheeled vehicles, but some do not help the rest and are dangerous total w*nkers, they are all "organ Donors".
F*ck me thats a bit harsh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Women who drive while clutching a mobile and trying to steer their collection of kids around a roundabout, because they might miss a Facebook update on the way to school.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The M27/A27 Southampton to Brighton and back.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Cant believe this hasn't had a mention. When your in a long queue of cars (for example exiting a motorway) & people sail past the queue & stick their indicator on & try & cut in at the front. This leaves them sat in the nearside lane & causes delays as well as driving you nuts when you've been sat in the queue for a while. Happens at roadworks when they reduce from 3 lanes to 2 etc.

Agreed- this really pisses me off too! Here in Malta Big black SUV or BMWs are famous for pulling out of the queue moving up and pushing in further up AND PEOPLE LET THEM!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A lack of basic manners annoys me more than most things. Say THANK YOU if someone has let you pass when it's not your right of way.

More often than not it's some stern faced BIDDY that goes past, almost looking annoyed that you've let her through.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
The slip road going up to falmer, everybody cues then some twat in a, Audi, BMW, range rover and van drivers, think it's ok to drive up the left hand side and cut in at the top :rant::rant::wanker::rant:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Busy roads without cycle lanes, where cyclists have no option but to use the main carriageway - creating dangers for ALL traffic.

Cycle lanes. Roads are shared space, and white lines give the impression that whatever is the other side of it cannot effect you. They encourage cyclists into the most dangerous positions, especially at junctions, and drivers generally ignore them when 'looking' before turning across them.

Integration, not segregation!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here