Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things to do in Life...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Iv Hit pretty much a low point, in my Life.

Im in a Job with no real direction.

In a relationship, which i dont know where to stand.

and completley low on confidence.

It doesnt help my mates are now all starting to lead there own lives and what once was a very close group is slowley growing apart.

Iv started to feel lost and very alone, iv decided to try and drag myself out of the rut iv found myself in after many happy years living in my own little bubble.

Im thinking of maybe doing some charity work or some football coaching to get me out the house of an evening, has anyone done anything similar? and can suggest things to do, it would be a great help.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I remember feeling a lot like that once, and I borrowed a book that taught you to juggle.

Top fun, sense of achievement, cheap as chips and it's like riding a bike, so it's a skill for life.

Either that or a nice quiet night in, pot noodle and a wank. :thumbsup:

matt

Mar 19, 2007
pot noodle and a wank. :thumbsup:

You should build that into your juggling routine.

To the OP, and I mean this in an entirely non-condescending way, watch Children in Need tonight and think yourself lucky that you have your health. Everything else is a bonus.

If you don't have any long-term commitments the world is your oyster Rodney. Do something that helps other people and maybe karma will put a smile on your face. Good luck man.
:albion1:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Could do a football coaching or referee course, they run all the time and Sussex have a new batch starting in the new year, earn a bit of money (£25-£35 a game), meet new people, get involved with the RA society events. Ref course is usually 8 weeks, 2 hours a week and £100 to do it and all nessacary checks. Not sure about coaching.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Learn to play a musical instrument, or a foreign language and then visit the country of the langauge you learnt - gives you longer goals to work towards

I agree with Scooter, if this is something you are interested in doing it will give you a bit more purpose in life.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sorry to hear thank Monkfish :(

I'd try and find out where you stand in the relationship first and foremost. Something like that, if it's serious, is going to effect every other aspect of your life. Find out where you stand and make a decision.

Start small and build up to things, if you're serious about volunteering try Do-it - Volunteering made easy it's got loads of info and might get the juices going.

May 12, 2010
I remember feeling a lot like that once, and I borrowed a book that taught you to juggle.

Top fun, sense of achievement, cheap as chips and it's like riding a bike, so it's a skill for life.

Either that or a nice quiet night in, pot noodle and a wank. :thumbsup:
You’re right you know.
You can find plenty of worthwhile things to do with your time.
Learn a new language, go travelling, do some charity work, take up a martial art, start a DIY project, teach yourself a musical instrument etc.
Sometimes though all you really need is a Pot Noodle and a wank.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Learn to play a musical instrument, or a foreign language and then visit the country of the langauge you learnt - gives you longer goals to work towards

Second this -in much the same place myself. Currently learning Turkish using CDs which i've put onto my i-pod and books. The benefits were not immediate though but they will come, i promise you. If money is an issue then use the next few months to save up and do volunteering in the meantime. Christmas is a good time for that. I'd contact the Big Issue who can help you find some good volunteering work to help the homeless around this time or try this site....

Do-it - Volunteering made easy

Longfellow

Jul 27, 2004
Hello Munkfish

Sad to hear of your current situation but I think its really quite positive that you recognise it and want to do something about it.

I'm sure that there are plenty of instances of people turning there life around but if you are looking for inspiration try this link:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcthree/2010/11/love-me-love-my-face-living-my-life-the-way-i-want

The programme was on BBC3 last night and its being shown again at various anti-social times - might be available on i-player. The article is good but the programme really does inform you as to what an individual can achieve.

I dont think that I could have done what Jono did but if any of us can get even someway there we may be happier.

Good luck with your efforts - you seem to have the right intentions.

Longfellow

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Thanks for all the suggestions, Pot Noodle and a wank was just a short term fix.

I took up a new hobby Golf but not the easiest to play with these short winter days.

ideally id like to volunteer where theres plenty of fit birds, maybe a page 3 support group.

in all serious though, id love to help out and will look into it.

i will ask though my current employer if theres anything i can do through work.

keep the suggestions comming!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Go travelling. Definitely. Or if you cant afford to save up and do that then just get yourself a flight to Oz or Nz and do a year's working holiday. You'll come back (if you do come back) a different person.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Go to Brazil for a bit, impossible to feel miserable there, incredible football, birdage and weather.

:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Iv Hit pretty much a low point, in my Life.

Im in a Job with no real direction.

In a relationship, which i dont know where to stand.

and completley low on confidence.

It doesnt help my mates are now all starting to lead there own lives and what once was a very close group is slowley growing apart.

Iv started to feel lost and very alone, iv decided to try and drag myself out of the rut iv found myself in after many happy years living in my own little bubble.

Im thinking of maybe doing some charity work or some football coaching to get me out the house of an evening, has anyone done anything similar? and can suggest things to do, it would be a great help.
stop feeling sorry for yourself :shrug: you're sounding like a gutless wonder , sounds like your old woman needs a good seeing to???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here