Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that other parents do with or their children,that annoy you.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Good comment. Perhaps one of the new rules of NSC should be that if you are going to claim something as fact you are required to quote your source otherwise it is just rumour or opinion. Old Uncle S seems to spout of opinion after opinion then claim they are facts.

1. Children are subjected to smoke at home far more than they used to be because of the ban?
2 More Children are smoking now than ever before?
Please substantiate or admit your comments are purely anecdotal!

Point 1 is true though as a lot of people (smokers) i know won't go down the pub now, They stay at home to drink

The Irony of this that has gone over the heads of the relentless anti smoking Nazi's is that by enforcing an outright ban on smoking in any public places said mothers and fathers puff away all day at home and bring far more somoke into the home than they ever did when they were allowed to fag a fag in the pub or at the bingo. So its the anti smoking health Nazi's that are to blame.

Is it ? Surely its the parents who are to blame. Maybe they should take responsibility for their own actions rather than blame others/legislation.
There is no excuse for inflicting the effects of passive smoking on your children. If that make me a nazi then I'm off to invade Poland with Algie.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Another thing that disturbs me about modern parents is how everything has the be clean and sterile before little Jonny can touch it.

If the kid drops its teat, they are out to the sink to wash it. My mum used to give it a lick and put it back in our mouths.

Its my belief that cosseting kids like this fails to develop their immune systems and is a direct link to the ever increasing number of allergies that kids have today.

Nut allergies weren't even invented when I was a kid.!

nlf

Mar 24, 2008
On a slightly smaller less important scale it annoys me when parents dont let their children get dirty "incase it ruins their clothes" :yawn: IMO theres nothing better than seeing a child covered in mud/grass stains etc with a great big smile on their face - you know they've had a fun time and it will all wash off anyway

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
On a slightly smaller less important scale it annoys me when parents dont let their children get dirty "incase it ruins their clothes" :yawn: IMO theres nothing better than seeing a child coved in mud/grass stains etc with a great big smile on their face - you know they've had a fun time and it will all wash off anyway

Was that by any chance aimed at one certain person :lolol:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
haven't read the whole thread but hate it when parents let their kids run around a shop like Asda as though it's a playground. Then have a go at you when their kids runs out an isle staright into you're trolley/leg and they have a go at you! not my fault you can't control your little brat

btw I do have kids and tell them that certain places are not a playground and they must behave, If they behave they get a treat, if they misbehave, the treat is removed. works perfectly and don't have to swear at them

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Parents who put the pushchair in front of them when going between parked cars as they are about to cross a road seems quite thick to me. If a car or bike is coming that the parents haven't seen it's the kid who's gonna get hit.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
haven't read the whole thread but hate it when parents let their kids run around a shop like Sada as though it's a playground. Then have a go at you when their kids runs out an isle straight into you're trolley/leg and they have a go at you! not my fault you can't control your little brat

BTW I do have kids and tell them that certain places are not a playground and they must behave, If they behave they get a treat, if they misbehave, the treat is removed. works perfectly and don't have to swear at them

But thats bribery and accounts for the masses of sweets at the check outs.

You should knock it down a notch. If they misbehave they get a slap, if they are good, they wont.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
The worse thing i saw was last week in Argos at Lyons Farm - we pulled into the car park the mother was standing outside the car talking to the father she was getting the pram out of the car and they were not paying any attenetion to the fact that the child ( that must have been 2 or 3 ) was just wandering around the car park - it took a complete stranger to take the child back to the parents who didn't seem that bothered about what they had done - Unfortunately there are people in this world that don't deserve kids

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The worse thing i saw was last week in Argos at Lyons Farm - we pulled into the car park the mother was standing outside the car talking to the father she was getting the pram out of the car and they were not paying any attenetion to the fact that the child ( that must have been 2 or 3 ) was just wandering around the car park - it took a complete stranger to take the child back to the parents who didn't seem that bothered about what they had done - Unfortunately there are people in this world that don't deserve kids

Like we always say - they always get away with it though,if we did that once that would be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here