Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that other parents do with or their children,that annoy you.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Letting kids drink squash or coke from a bottle with a teat.

??????

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
S
I also hate parents who swear at, or in the vicinity of, their children. Just yesterday, as I walked along the street, I heard a mum shouting at her young child 'I've f***ing had enough of you, you f***ing brat'. Poor kid, what chance has he in life.

What chance has he in life, when he lives in Crewe.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Send them to private school when there's a perfectly good state school in the cachment area.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
as well as most of the above.

parents who use incorrect or improperly installed car seats/boosters.

spending £200 on a car seat doesn't mean your child is safe if you install it with a twisted seat belt or don't have the harness in the right slots or tight enough, you idiots.

Why do some parents allow their brats to scream and screech in public whilst totally ignoring the fact that they are pissing everybody off with their inconsideration?

Also, when did this screaming in public become acceptable to parents? If your kids can't behave in public-leave them at home instead of inflicting your little brats on the rest of us.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The current campaingn with that little girl singing "I like what you like..." showing how kids copy smoking adults, certainly hits home & makes my Mrs uncomfortable.

I don't smoke.

The Irony of this that has gone over the heads of the relentless anti smoking Nazi's is that by enforcing an outright ban on smoking in any public places said mothers and fathers puff away all day at home and bring far more somoke into the home than they ever did when they were allowed to fag a fag in the pub or at the bingo. So its the anti smoking health Nazi's that are to blame.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
All the above except for Cheshire Cat and Uncle Spielberg.

Don't appreciate being blamed for the ignorance and selfishness of parents who insist on smoking in the home and in their cars. Having been subjected to it when I was a kid and the protaganist having subsequently succumbed to cancer because of it (all before any bans were introduced either voluntarily or compulsory) I remain firmly a member of the anti smoking nazi league. Perhaps if my dad hadn't smoked then he would still been around to see his three grandchildren!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All the above except for Cheshire Cat and Uncle Spielberg.

Don't appreciate being blamed for the ignorance and selfishness of parents who insist on smoking in the home and in their cars. Having been subjected to it when I was a kid and the protaganist having subsequently succumbed to cancer because of it (all before any bans were introduced either voluntarily or compulsory) I remain firmly a member of the anti smoking nazi league. Perhaps if my dad hadn't smoked then he would still been around to see his three grandchildren!

people smoke, people will always smoke, the fact is they cannot smoke anywhere now means they smoke at home far more subjecting the kids to far more passive smoking those are facts and non smokers get cancer as well

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Parents who can't keep their brats under control in restaurants/pubs etc letting them run riot all over the place.

What he said :annoyed:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
people smoke, people will always smoke, the fact is they cannot smoke anywhere now means they smoke at home far more subjecting the kids to far more passive smoking those are facts and non smokers get cancer as well

Indeed, people of your age will always smoke Spielberg, however the young kids who might have started smoking WILL be less likely to now they can't smoke in pubs and also now the minimum age is 18

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Utter crap. Where do you get your 'facts' from. Where are the figures or are you just voicing an opinion as if it is a fact. If you have to smoke, smoke outside. The fact that you think smokers have a right to smoke in front of non-smokers that may well be their own young children reaffirms my view that the vast majority of them are selfish.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Parents who can't keep their brats under control in restaurants/pubs etc letting them run riot all over the place.

I work in a restaurant and it drives me up the f***ing wall. The parents are actually worse, walking their toddlers round the pub and totally getting in the way when you're carrying plates of hot food to nearby tables. There's a growing local community of young, rich, arrogant bastards who seem to think the world revolves around them. The worst thing is its one of those things that you can't really ask them to stop doing. I'm only 20 and whilst I know I'm right, I don't think I'm in a position to tell people how to look after their kids.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Why do some parents allow their brats to scream and screech in public whilst totally ignoring the fact that they are pissing everybody off with their inconsideration?

Also, when did this screaming in public become acceptable to parents? If your kids can't behave in public-leave them at home instead of inflicting your little brats on the rest of us.

Do you have children?

My daughter is 2 and a half, 99.9% of the time she is extremely well behaved but like all other children there will come a time when being in the supermarket or any shop for that matter, is not what she wants to do and will start 'playing up'.

All kids blow their tops from time to time and will cry / shout / try and break grip out of your hand. I did it and I'm sure you did it, but believe me there is nothing more horrifying and embarrasing to a parent than their own child doing this. It's far from being acceptable to parents, there is a difference between parents who will just ignore the behaviour and there are parents like me who will run horrified from a resturant with child under arm if she starts screaming!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I don't even have kids but it amazes me, no, disgusts me, how many adults in the UK seem to despise having children around them.

Bring a f***ing dog out and everyone's 'hello boy!' and playing with it.

You can see it in a lot of the comments on here. One of the worst things about Britain for me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Indeed, people of your age will always smoke Spielberg, however the young kids who might have started smoking WILL be less likely to now they can't smoke in pubs and also now the minimum age is 18

Young people under 21 are smoking more now than before the ban started.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
when parents let their kids stand in people's way on the street or in a restaurant etc. If you ask the child to move the parents look at you as if to say "How dare you ask anything of my precious Milo". What the parents should be doing is telling their kids to mind other people.

Mar 13, 2008
Young people under 21 are smoking more now than before the ban started.
How do you know this?? I spend more time with 16-21 years olds than you (I would guess as I am 16) and all of my mates that did smoke have given up since the ban came in place.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How do you know this?? I spend more time with 16-21 years olds than you (I would guess as I am 16) and all of my mates that did smoke have given up since the ban came in place.

Good comment. Perhaps one of the new rules of NSC should be that if you are going to claim something as fact you are required to quote your source otherwise it is just rumour or opinion. Old Uncle S seems to spout of opinion after opinion then claim they are facts.

1. Children are subjected to smoke at home far more than they used to be because of the ban?
2 More Children are smoking now than ever before?
Please substantiate or admit your comments are purely anecdotal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here