Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that other parents do with or their children,that annoy you.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
One or two things i see as a parent,that i find 'out of order' or 'why do that' ? By parents of other children. My pet hate is to see kids in cars with their parents ( i reckon) having to endur a parent smoking away and no windows open at the very least. :angry:

Mar 13, 2008
parents who let their children do what ever like when ever they like and set no limits and boundries.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One or two things i see as a parent,that i find 'out of order' or 'why do that' ? By parents of other children. My pet hate is to see kids in cars with their parents ( i reckon) having to endur a parent smoking away and no windows open at the very least. :angry:

That for me is the worst of the lot.

I also feel angry when I see adults pushing a pram with a fag in their hand. If I can smell cigarette smoke from yards away, how must that poor nipper in the pram be feeling ? :angry:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The current campaingn with that little girl singing "I like what you like..." showing how kids copy smoking adults, certainly hits home & makes my Mrs uncomfortable.

I don't smoke.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Parents who can't keep their brats under control in restaurants/pubs etc letting them run riot all over the place.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mums who drive their kids to school and then insist on parking as near to the school as possible thus creating a danger for other peoples kids ( and in some cases even their own kids ) trying to cross the road.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh, and the amount of (generally young) mums that push the pushchair out into the road to stop traffic is unbelievable!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Parents who swear at their children.

A young (single) parent was trying to control her child in the supermarket "f***ing get back here"

Excellent parenting skills:shootself

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Parents who swear at their children.

A young (single) parent was trying to control her child in the supermarket "f***ing get back here"

Excellent parenting skills:shootself

It's sad the way many parents swear at and/or in the presence of their kids.

I'm no prude, and do my fair share of swearing that's for sure. A time and a place for it though. I have let the odd swear word out in front of my kids, but then apologise for it afterwards and let them know it's not big or clever to swear.

Littering conversation with swear words really devalues the beauty of swear words anyway and effectively takes away their meaning.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Parents who can't keep their brats under control in restaurants/pubs etc letting them run riot all over the place.

The ones that can't keep them under control don't annoy me quite so much as those that just sit their casually ignoring their kids running around ruining everybody elses evening, thinking that it's acceptable behaviour. :angry:

D

Deleted member 2719

Parents who have split up and the kids are out of control but both parents don't accept responsibility and the poor little one's end up as axe murderers.

It makes my Blood Boil.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Seeing young kids perched on someone's knee in a car without a seatbelt on or kids loose on the back seat again with no seatbelt or car seat.

I also hate parents who swear at, or in the vicinity of, their children. Just yesterday, as I walked along the street, I heard a mum shouting at her young child 'I've f***ing had enough of you, you f***ing brat'. Poor kid, what chance has he in life.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Where I once lived in Scumhampton was rougher than a badger arse. I once overheard my neighbour shouting at her child and I quote, "Don't f***ing swear at me, you little c**t"...

Brilliant

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Parents who take zero notice of their kids bad behaviour - but immediately back the buggers up when you've finally had enough & tell 'em off. :mad:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Parents who dont teach there kids to say:

Thanks/Cheers. and Please:)

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
taking their kids to get a mcdonalds and feeding them f***ing bollocks until they're ruddy obese

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
people who let their kids stand in a supermarket trolley with their shoes on while they are shopping and the ones who take their kids into a pub and then ignore them while they drink with their mates and let everybody else have the problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here