Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that have "No Place in Football"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i doubt he was old enough in 1983, so he will never know, but there was a good book out a few years ago called 'orseshit and 'amburgers, written by a chelsea fan about his experiences following the team over a few seasons, before we had all these "lifelong" fans that people go on about, but i bet that the people on here wont be moaning about the lifelong brighton fans who cant be arsed to go and see some of the shit dished up in league one , but who will go every week when brighton are (hopefully) a premiership team at falmer.

Correct, I was minus 3. I'm too young to appreciate what a match day atmosphere was like in 1983, all I see is dreadful football whenever I watch clips from those days, played on absolute mudbaths a lot of the time.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
i doubt he was old enough in 1983, so he will never know, but there was a good book out a few years ago called 'orseshit and 'amburgers, written by a chelsea fan about his experiences following the team over a few seasons, before we had all these "lifelong" fans that people go on about, but i bet that the people on here wont be moaning about the lifelong brighton fans who cant be arsed to go and see some of the shit dished up in league one , but who will go every week when brighton are (hopefully) a premiership team at falmer.

as much as it makes me wan to PUKE - I agree you you.... :clap2:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
all I see is dreadful football whenever I watch clips from those days, played on absolute mudbaths a lot of the time.

again, the point is being missed. League 1 football in 2009 is great isnt it. Sorry but technical ability and pristine pitches is about 500th on my list of what makes a decent day out at the football. Perhaps its just my age.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
again, the point is being missed. League 1 football in 2009 is great isnt it. Sorry but technical ability and pristine pitches is about 500th on my list of what makes a decent day out at the football. Perhaps its just my age.

Perhaps. I go to a football game to watch the football. Novel idea I know, I couldn't give two monkeys about anything else.

Ermm, The Spackish?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Perhaps. I go to a football game to watch the football. Novel idea I know, I couldn't give two monkeys about anything else.

Ermm, The Spackish?

haha yes the spackish is good. if a little offensive in these PC times.

So these random parts of a football day, in any order, what would you put where?

getting out the house for sanctioned all day drinking
getting up and down the country having a laugh
having a good shout
annoying coppers and div jobsworth stewards
taking the piss out of opposition players and fans
the shock and excitement of anything good happening on the pitch
erm admiring technical excellence

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So your not bothered about the atmosphere?

I guess (shame on me) I've never known a "great" home atmosphere. I go to the odd away game, and that's always great obviously.

I just expect it of Withdean. I was too young to appreciate the atmosphere at the Goldstone, I was generally busy kicking coke cans around down at the front and getting smacked in the face by wayward Mark Farrington shots.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008

So these random parts of a football day, in any order, what would you put where?

having a good shout

Not sure, but I agree with every one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

having a good shout

All those things are good. Like I said, I don't have the money/time to get to as many away games as I would like.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
i'm just waiting for some 22 year old who has read a book about football in the eighties to start talking about the myth that is the popularity of adidas trim trabs.

Do you know any sites for good ad-i-das trainrrs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here