Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that have "No Place in Football"

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
The childlike and tedious 'psychology' of Rafa Benitez, Arsene Wenger, Mark Hughes & Alex Ferguson.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
or more accurately, if you are over 35. They come from the days when football was good. You are missing the point of this thread!

Any age really.

So "talking like a prat" comes from the days when football was "good"?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Unfortunately this is how we 'grieve' now. Everyone loves a bit of fake emotion. The same with people booing their eyes out when they get relegated. NEVER used to happen.

Have to disagree with this. I love seeing fat, grown men booing when their team's gone down.

Brings out all the schadenfreude in me

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
'Lifelong' Chelsea fans, who used to be 'lifelong' Arsenal fans, who before that were 'lifelong' Newcastle/Blackburn fans (repeat ad infinitum).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
no, fair enough, apparently not!

See what you've done there. Well done.

"Back when football was good" got the biggest laugh for me. Who are you trying to kid?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
'Lifelong' Chelsea fans, who used to be 'lifelong' Arsenal fans, who before that were 'lifelong' Newcastle/Blackburn fans (repeat ad infinitum).
people who trot out tired old stories claiming to know x amount of plastic chelsea/arsenal/man utd fans, wen all they are doing is hiding their own bitterness at their team's relative lack of success.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Ticker tape being fired off everywhere, and sychronised bouncing up and down on corporate sponsored podiums after trophy presentations.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006

Anyone who says I used to 'support' my local team but now I support Man Utd etc etc and the patronising 'they are my second team' bollocks.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
so -

would you rather go to football in 1983

or 2009

?
i doubt he was old enough in 1983, so he will never know, but there was a good book out a few years ago called 'orseshit and 'amburgers, written by a chelsea fan about his experiences following the team over a few seasons, before we had all these "lifelong" fans that people go on about, but i bet that the people on here wont be moaning about the lifelong brighton fans who cant be arsed to go and see some of the shit dished up in league one , but who will go every week when brighton are (hopefully) a premiership team at falmer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
so -

would you rather go to football in 1983

or 2009

?

Match Day atmosphere - 1983

Quality of football - 2009

The football's all that really matters for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here