Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that have "No Place in Football"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The ACTUAL FOOTBALL is far better nowadays. THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL is all that really matters for me. Simple.

This is true. I mean in the 40's and 50's all that heavy leather (especially when wet) and stitching etc. Nowadays the football is all floaty light.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The top division is of a far higher standard than it was in the 70s, IMO, but on the other hand you have to pay £48 a ticket to sit in what is often a soulless plastic ground. It amazes me that gates are so much higher now, which I gues just highlights the effects of hooliganism - a good number of potential fans back then just couldn't be arsed with turning up under threat of having your head kicked in. It's why we would go to Leeds away in 1981 with an away turn out of approximately one coachload.

However, anyone who thinks the 3rd division now is the same as the old division one is completely insane.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
However, anyone who thinks the 3rd division now is the same as the old division one is completely insane.

... or that George Best would be a championship footballer (and not as good as Glen Johnston) - probably the maddest statement ever posted on NSC (and there's been some tough competition).

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
This is a great thread, most of which I agree with. At the risk of repetition, I would add

• Club memberships schemes you have to pay to join for the privelige of having the right to apply for tickets.
  • Compulsory seating.
  • 99% of Stewards
  • National radio Phone-ins - because most listeners don't give a shit what happened at your game.
  • Alan fcuking Green

and I would add that I am always aware of the fact that my white replica shirt has the name of a boy half my age on the back. If it wasn't for the fact that he scored THAT goal at Smelhurst, I would be too embarrassed to wear it outside the house.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
... or that George Best would be a championship footballer (and not as good as Glen Johnston) - probably the maddest statement ever posted on NSC (and there's been some tough competition).

I saw George Best and when he got the ball there was palpable expectaion that something special could happen. He was adored by the Old Trafford faithful, and loved or respected by football lovers everywhere.

I have not seen Glen Johnson live - but maybe that happens for him as well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I used to like Alan Green many years ago, but years of his tired know it all "This is awful. This is awful" bollocks really has taken its toll.

Look, you're a fat tosser with no background in the game. Why should anyone listen to your opinions anymore than any fan?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
National radio Phone-ins - because most listeners don't give a shit what happened at your game.

Bravo. The worst thing about driving home from an away match.

Well known woman basher presenter - "Dave in Rotherham what do you think of the sickening scenes off the pitch?"

Dave in Rotherham - "Disgraceful Stan."

Mr Handy with His Fists Round Birds - "were you at the game Dave?"

Dave - "No"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I used to like Alan Green many years ago, but years of his tired know it all "This is awful. This is awful" bollocks really has taken its toll.

Look, you're a fat tosser with no background in the game. Why should anyone listen to your opinions anymore than any fan?

He is the sort of bloke who I don't even think likes the game. If he didn't work in it I doubt he would pay for a ticket. I can't stand the bloke. If he is commentating I often switch off.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Gloves on players (couldn't be arsed to see if already mentioned)

The Respect Campaign (Players shaking each others hands)

The tape used to cover up the Under Armour Logo so as not to upset the teams kit manufacturers - we know what it fcuking well says and it is hardly going to stop me buying a team strip.

Boiled burgers like they used to serve at the Goldstone

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
  • Club memberships schemes you have to pay to join for the privelige of having the right to apply for tickets.
  • Compulsory seating.
  • 99% of Stewards
  • National radio Phone-ins - because most listeners don't give a shit what happened at your game.
  • Alan fcuking Green

fantastic shouts on all the above

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
When I say don't pay attention, I'm referring to their constant aggrandizing of the Premier League and the games they're showing.

Of course I watch the games, they're good games played at a good pace at a high level of football, be stupid not to if you're into football. I'm just not sucked in by the hype.

By definition you are sucked into the hype by simply subscribing to Sky Sports. I have chosen not to believe the hype and have tuned out and turned off, if everyone did the same the big clubs would'nt keep getting richer at the expense of all the others.

I just don't buy the argument you pay for a premium product that delivers every time, it does'nt, but Sky would have you believe it does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here