Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Things that annoy you about other clubs.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Good shout on the st marys nets. They used to have the same at White Hart Lane if you remember. Absolutely no satisfactory net rippling.

All clubs should be forced to have the nets from Italia 90. A truly golden era in net making.
And QPR / West Ham.

I always liked the goals at Hampden with the square posts and so deep you could park a couple of cars in them!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Clackers. Not sure if any PL clubs still do this, or if all offenders have been deservedly relegated to their clackertastic level?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its got to be Leicester at the top of the list for the goal music :mad:.

Southampton - Those really shallow goals at The Dell which the ball used to ping out of back onto the pitch. Really annoying.
Nothing is as bad as the knees up mother Brown-style celebration music at Southend 20 years ago. I came close to ripping off my own ears.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
"By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" and that chant before a keeper takes the gaol kick.

Oh and Leeds for the most aggressive, homophobic, deluded, nastiest, angriest home support I've ever had to endure.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The thing that annoys me the most is how fans can completely lose their sense of right and wrong as soon as a sheikh or Russian oligarch sniffs around their club.

As football fans we ALL know this is bad for the game to have people in charge that are laundering money and sports-washing, AND YET many turn a blind eye as soon as a takeover happens.

I'm thinking Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle in particular.

I'd like to think that Albion fans would protest if ever a sheikh or oligarch bid for our club.
Ahem. “Community”

we were a community club

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The apparently unlimited funding of some of them that comes with an entitlement from both their fans and owners that they can flout or bend spending rules to beat the little man.

That isn’t the politics of envy, it’s an anti-sports-washing stance and hating their complete disregard for fair play that for me, is a thorn in the side of enjoying the Beautiful Game.

I can live with everything else - it’s just harmless tribalism.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
The venomous insistence of so many rival supporters that Brighton will run out of luck and go down any day now. As though we claim the party will never end.

It's curious how often one hears this from fans of Big Six clubs -- who flatter us with their insecurity -- rather than, say, Palace. At least in my experience.

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
The fact that the team currently residing in Milton Keynes refers to themselves as "Dons".

I mean what's done is done, so with the passage of time and an organic identity of their own I could accept them, but not while this vestige remains.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The venomous insistence of so many rival supporters that Brighton will run out of luck and go down any day now. As though we claim the party will never end.

It's curious how often one hears this from fans of Big Six clubs -- who flatter us with their insecurity -- rather than, say, Palace. At least in my experience.

Mainly Chelsea eg Andy Jacobs and Jason Cunty. We really, really got under their skin.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leeds . For fans seemingly inhabiting a different dimension with a different version of reality and repeatedly preaching their version to all bemused onlookers
The only Leeds fan I know is a close friend. Extremely subscribed to 'Leeds are falling apart again' mantra. Most philosophical about the team prospects. I don't have a problem with Leeds now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing really. First world issue.

I can be one-eyed of course....

Southend's goal celebration music. 20 years ago
Cardiff, Portsmouth, 'Boro and Massive's unfunded lust for glory.
ManUre's over-fundeded sense of entitlement
The fanbase of Arse, Spuds, Chelshit and ManUre
Creepy's total lack of due diligence (manager, recently)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here