Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thierry Henry

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It's even more galling that we didn't do the business against Coventry. I would have fancied us handing out a pasting to Middlesbrough in their current form in a nice cold, wet Withdean on January 28th.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Middlesbrough arn't in the 4th round yet though.
(whats this got to do with Thierry Henry anyway ?)

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Easy 10 said:
Middlesbrough arn't in the 4th round yet though.
(whats this got to do with Thierry Henry anyway ?)

The fact that Arsenal spanked Mboro 7-0. Okay, Arsenal were outstanding, but Mboro's form has been appalling recently and they only just scraped a draw against Nuneaton. I expect them to scrape past Nuneaton at home, but think we could have given them a fair fight at Withdean. As for Henry, yes, up there with Ronaldinho and the others, possibly hasn't fulfilled his full potential with France (doesn't he play out wide for them?)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Easy 10 said:
Hattrick v Fenerbahce on his debut ?
He was also pretty useful in Euro 2004, and was saving Svens arse till he got injured.

Thanks Easy.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
owwwww my sides:lolol:

I notice you didn't include the rest of my quote where I said he was more talented but not as good a player as them. At which point during his international career has he looked up to it and when have Arsenal even looked like getting far in the Champions League? Players like Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Ronaldinio have all pulled their team through tough ties in Europe before but I don't remember Henry doing this. If it was all about skill then get that bloke who can do all the tricks to play for us.

All that defiant stature shite like he has done something really profound after scoring is really getting on my tits to.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Les Biehn said:
Players like Rooney, have all pulled their team through tough ties in Europe before but I don't remember Henry doing this.

umm united have been knocked out early the last 2 years. i dont remember rooney scoring many european goals except a debut hattrick against poo opposition. he has an awful europe scoring record.

henry, hattrick away to inter milan. scores in pretty much every arsenal european game, scored a last minute winner 2 years ago to put them through
scored away at valencia
scored against juve
and many many more

he cant be expected to take the whole team through but he gives it a bloody good go!

this is just a complete myth about henry on the big stage.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Well I must have been very unlucky to have only seen him play shit for France. Remember Guivach (not sure on the spelling) and Kleberson are also world cup winners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here