Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thierry Henry

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you don't enjoy watching Thierry Henry play, then you don't enjoy football. The fella is masterful, pure box office, and undoubtedly the most elegant footballer I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Hope he enjoys himself at Barca or Real Madrid, next season.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
garry nelsons left foot said:
Whilst middlesborough were undeniably poor, if it was so easy to produce sublime skills and score a hattrick why didn't more arsenal players do it? Or why don't (M)any other players do it?

Henry is a sublime player and it's an absolute pleasure to watch him play.

Absolutely

Anyone boo-hooing henry clearly has NO appreciation of the game.

Henry, along with Ronaldinho and (hopefully) Rooney, is a player who in 10, 50 or 100 years will be seen as one of the games greats and, at his best, is the most beautiful footballer ive ever seen.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
They are a bit big but ok if you have a fast connection.

henrylookaway2jx8rg.gif

trick0hf9cm.gif

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Les Biehn said:
I wouldn't say Henry was even the best in England. Lampard and Rooney are better than him. Maybe not more talented but they can do it in Europe and on the International stage.

WHEN DID ROONEY DO IT IN EUROPE?!?!?!?!?!?! :ohmy:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
fake slim said:
WHEN DID ROONEY DO IT IN EUROPE?!?!?!?!?!?! :ohmy:
Hattrick v Fenerbahce on his debut ?
He was also pretty useful in Euro 2004, and was saving Svens arse till he got injured.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
See I'd like to be impressed but all he's done there is pass the f***ing ball. Use skill to achieve something you wouldn't have normally and I'm impressed, that is nothing more than poor showboating.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
See I'd like to be impressed but all he's done there is pass the f***ing ball. Use skill to achieve something you wouldn't have normally and I'm impressed, that is nothing more than poor showboating.
Come on Chappers, you miserable GIT.
Football is supposed to be in the business of ENTERTAINING. When I saw that bit of showboating on MOTD, I wanted to stand up and applaud (but sadly I had a bowl of rice pudding in my lap). Sure, he could've just rolled a basic 5 yard pass out to Pires with his instep, but wheres the fun in that ? If your talent has been kissed by the GODS, then you should show it off to us lesser mortals. Its big. And clever.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Easy 10 said:
Hattrick v Fenerbahce on his debut ?
He was also pretty useful in Euro 2004, and was saving Svens arse till he got injured.
Didn't mean international,meant europe for united...one swallow doesn't make a summer...not a great european campaign for him this season

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Come on Chappers, you miserable GIT.
Football is supposed to be in the business of ENTERTAINING. When I saw that bit of showboating on MOTD, I wanted to stand up and applaud (but sadly I had a bowl of rice pudding in my lap). Sure, he could've just rolled a basic 5 yard pass out to Pires with his instep, but wheres the fun in that ? If your talent has been kissed by the GODS, then you should show it off to us lesser mortals. Its big. And clever.

Forgive me if I do't cream myself over a 5 yard pass.

Do that under pressure, when your team isn't 5 goals up or whatever against a team that gives a shit and then I'll applaud.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Do that under pressure, when your team isn't 5 goals up or whatever against a team that gives a shit and then I'll applaud.

Ooooooohhhh. Get YOU. I reckon you're RACIST, thats why you don't like him. I bet if his name was TERRY instead of the more poncey sounding THIERY you'd want to manlove him. :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
garry nelsons left foot said:
Ooooooohhhh. Get YOU. I reckon you're RACIST, thats why you don't like him. I bet if his name was TERRY instead of the more poncey sounding THIERY you'd want to manlove him. :)

The fact that he's black has nothing to do with this particular point.

The fact that he's black and RICH is what really gets my back up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
fake slim said:
Didn't mean international,meant europe for united...one swallow doesn't make a summer...not a great european campaign for him this season
Well, United have clearly (and amusingly) been GASH in Europe this season, so I don't think you can only level that criticism at Rooney alone. The fact remains that he is the most naturally gifted english player we've had since Gascoigne, and I think you'd be wrong to assume he can't cut it on a European stage.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You sound like my DAD.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Isnt Henry (famously) the current Arsenal player who has a flunky to close his cupboard doors for him???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here