Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thicky Adams

May 2, 2010
Indeed. The reason Palace will stay up this season is they have a few decent players. They got lucky with Vaughan as Everton couldn't loan him anywhere EXCEPT back to Palace even though they wanted to. It's a shame, but cheats do prosper.

like 99% of the world of football

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
err, 99% of football doesn't go into administration every five minutes then pay 1% of their debts and go back to buying players/paying them salaries they can't afford, and trying to build new stadiums.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Micky Adams Guide to Management:

Buy about 10 Orcs/nightclub bouncers
Buy one creative player and NEVER play him (Kevin Thornton)

It works in League Two, but any higher than that and he is found out, as he has been every time he has managed above League Two.

Having said that, paying £100,000 for Bristol Rovers fourth choice striker Robert Zamora was quite frankly a masterstroke, and for that he should be applauded.

May 2, 2010
err, 99% of football doesn't go into administration every five minutes then pay 1% of their debts and go back to buying players/paying them salaries they can't afford, and trying to build new stadiums.

we took our punishment and the aggressive administration that Aglio put us in could have been avoided , Chelsea have just spent with salaries £150 million om 2 players yet announced losses again for the 7th year of £68 million, so what do you call their attitude in the wreck less way they spend money that is killing football, just being able to service debt in no excuse.You lot probably have players on salaries on a par with us, what do you suggest we do throw in the towel and field the fixtures made with the kids? that creates an uneven and unfair balance, Pompey in their admin season had players on obscene amounts Sully Muntari and Utaka were in £80k/week we never even came close to that kind of recklessness, Speroni is our highest paid player and he's on £10k/week FFS

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jookbeard Eagle;3952987 said:
It's a 100% better one than shafting those you owe money to. More than once in your case too

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
we took our punishment and the aggressive administration that Aglio put us in could have been avoided , Chelsea have just spent with salaries £150 million om 2 players yet announced losses again for the 7th year of £68 million, so what do you call their attitude in the wreck less way they spend money that is killing football, just being able to service debt in no excuse.
They are subsidised by an extremely wealthy individual, if he wants to spend his money this way there's nothing that can really be done about that. DOn't see quite what that has to do with Palace and their con job on local businesses and charities.

Still, keep on pretending there might be some other club as despicable as yours if that makes you feel ok about it. :)

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Micky Adams Guide to Management:

Buy about 10 Orcs/nightclub bouncers
Buy one creative player and NEVER play him (Kevin Thornton)

It works in League Two, but any higher than that and he is found out, as he has been every time he has managed above League Two.

Having said that, paying £100,000 for Bristol Rovers fourth choice striker Robert Zamora was quite frankly a masterstroke, and for that he should be applauded.

I liked this, spot on.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
T
Still, keep on pretending there might be some other club as despicable as yours if that makes you feel ok about it. :)

Can we add pompey to the despicable cheating club list....

May 2, 2010
They are subsidised by an extremely wealthy individual, if he wants to spend his money this way there's nothing that can really be done about that. DOn't see quite what that has to do with Palace and their con job on local businesses and charities.

but it creates a completely unfair playing field for other clubs to compete against all it boils down to now in the PL id how much money your billionaire chairman will spend if Man city win the PL this year real football fans will not accept them for it they've simply bought it , how many teams would have like to have bought Torres? if Platinis wish is implemented Chelsea will be a Leeds waiting to happen and rightly so,we dont pick our chairman and the fans paid the charities

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
but it creates a completely unfair playing field for other clubs to compete against all it boils down to now in the PL id how much money your billionaire chairman will spend if Man city win the PL this year real football fans will not accept them for it they've simply bought it , how many teams would have like to have bought Torres? if Platinis wish is implemented Chelsea will be a Leeds waiting to happen and rightly so,we dont pick our chairman and the fans paid the charities

Mate, this is NSC on a saturday early evening... This is not the time or the place for a serious accurate comment!!!!

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Most of our legends did'nt do so well second time around ,Mullery , Case (management) Byrne.
Steve Foster was the only person I thought did better the second time round than the first. Never the less , all of the above are Albion legends in my mind , including Adams.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He's not such a massive legend to me, yes he did well here 1st time around with a decent budget. But he gave me the impression that we were just a stepping stone and a bit Micky Mouse. I remember him having When the Saints go marching in as his ring tone, very drole for the ex Saints man. His bleating about designer managers and how if given the chance he could do as well and the fact that he jumped ship to be an assistant at Leicester. Aggressive and petulant little man is my recollection of him first time around, but he did give us some great days in his quest to better himself at any cost. He is out of his depth in the modern game at Championship level and quite likely to be the reason Palace stay up this year.

Zamora is the main reason Adams was as succesfull as he was here
That is the best non Mr Burns post I have read on here in a long time!!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He's not such a massive legend to me, yes he did well here 1st time around with a decent budget. But he gave me the impression that we were just a stepping stone and a bit Micky Mouse. I remember him having When the Saints go marching in as his ring tone, very drole for the ex Saints man. His bleating about designer managers and how if given the chance he could do as well and the fact that he jumped ship to be an assistant at Leicester. Aggressive and petulant little man is my recollection of him first time around, but he did give us some great days in his quest to better himself at any cost. He is out of his depth in the modern game at Championship level and quite likely to be the reason Palace stay up this year.

Zamora is the main reason Adams was as succesfull as he was here

There is a lot of truth in that Icy.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Most of our legends did'nt do so well second time around ,Mullery , Case (management) Byrne.
Steve Foster was the only person I thought did better the second time round than the first. Never the less , all of the above are Albion legends in my mind , including Adams.

I'm not sure if he counts as a legend but Wendy was a much better player second time round.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Madness. Hypothetically... if the defence were able to keep Zamora relatively quiet, the current team would absolutely WASTE the 2001 team.

Even if BZ scored a hatto 2011 would beat 2001.
People love to reminisce with rose-tinted glasses, but the truth is we are streets ahead now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here