Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thicky Adams

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
ffs adams not only did you nearly take us down with some off the shitest football ever :US: you are now saving Palace with your shit skills at sheff utd :angry:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
thicky Adams? agent Adams?

lest we forget he put together the finest team I have seen play for Brighton. Shouldn't have come back and wasn't good second time around, but he remains a Brighton hero and does not warrant that kind of abuse

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Problem with Adams is, unless he can sign players he's familiar with, he's not really that clued up to succeed, and I think history shows it.

As much as he was a legend here the first time round, he was a complete disater second time. The difference is he had the best budget in the division with us, and hand picked from his old Fulham squad, and Brentford squad.

Pretty much every other job he's had has ended in disaster, and it looks like Sheffield United are the latest to fail under him.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Problem with Adams is, unless he can sign players he's familiar with, he's not really that clued up to succeed, and I think history shows it.

As much as he was a legend here the first time round, he was a complete disater second time. The difference is he had the best budget in the division with us, and hand picked from his old Fulham squad, and Brentford squad.

Pretty much every other job he's had has ended in disaster, and it looks like Sheffield United are the latest to fail under him.

agreed Adams has now been found out

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Happy days first time round with MA. We were the beneficiaries of his one trick. I would like him to succeed with his home town club - but it does not look hopeful.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
thicky Adams? agent Adams?

lest we forget he put together the finest team I have seen play for Brighton. Shouldn't have come back and wasn't good second time around, but he remains a Brighton hero and does not warrant that kind of abuse
I would presume Jockbeard Eagle doesn't support Brighton.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Adams is well past his sell by day. Heaven only knows why Sheff Utd offered him a job.

May 2, 2010
whats the betting Sheff U could have a 4th manager by the end of the season? the timing of him going there couldn't have been better for us

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think he needs to have a 'mini pre-season' at the Blades.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's not such a massive legend to me, yes he did well here 1st time around with a decent budget. But he gave me the impression that we were just a stepping stone and a bit Micky Mouse. I remember him having When the Saints go marching in as his ring tone, very drole for the ex Saints man. His bleating about designer managers and how if given the chance he could do as well and the fact that he jumped ship to be an assistant at Leicester. Aggressive and petulant little man is my recollection of him first time around, but he did give us some great days in his quest to better himself at any cost. He is out of his depth in the modern game at Championship level and quite likely to be the reason Palace stay up this year.

Zamora is the main reason Adams was as succesfull as he was here

Last edited:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I think Palace seem to be doing quite well at the moment (shame) with or without the Blades cocking up.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think Palace seem to be doing quite well at the moment (shame) with or without the Blades cocking up.

Indeed. The reason Palace will stay up this season is they have a few decent players. They got lucky with Vaughan as Everton couldn't loan him anywhere EXCEPT back to Palace even though they wanted to. It's a shame, but cheats do prosper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here