Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"They are here to support our players"

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
"Normally they are unbelievable but that I'm not going to accept, I don't care who they are. They are here to support our players."

All very well Gus telling us how we're supposed to behave - perhaps someone should tell him not to storm out of 'must win' matches before the end. Or not to play a team full of short arses against the tallest team in the league away from home and get stuffed 6-0. Or to declare "3 wins needed from last 5" before throwing in the towel and dropping his best players with 3 games to go.

Finding it increasingly hard to like a CONTROL FREAK, even if we have had a fantastic season.

It's a game of opinions, people pay good money to watch and should be able to enjoy themselves how they choose. If people turn up paying £30 to watch 11 men treat a match like a pre-season friendly, then they have every right to boo or grumble.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Correct he shouldn't be storming off if he wants us behind the team 100% of the time but he's absolutely spot on about the booing, it was f***ing idiotic and a lot of people should be ashamed tonight. Unfortunately they won't have the intelligence to feel shame, but hey ho.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
"Normally they are unbelievable but that I'm not going to accept, I don't care who they are. They are here to support our players."

All very well Gus telling us how we're supposed to behave - perhaps someone should tell him not to storm out of 'must win' matches before the end. Or not to play a team full of short arses against the tallest team in the league away from home and get stuffed 6-0. Or to declare "3 wins needed from last 5" before throwing in the towel and dropping his best players with 3 games to go.

Finding it increasingly hard to like a CONTROL FREAK, even if we have had a fantastic season.

It's a game of opinions, people pay good money to watch and should be able to enjoy themselves how they choose. If people turn up paying £30 to watch 11 men treat a match like a pre-season friendly, then they have every right to boo or grumble.
Couldn't agree more,

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
when the best manager we have ever had leaves because he's pissed off with all the know-it-all fans like you I hope all these threads gets bumped.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
when the best manager we have ever had leaves because he's pissed off with all the know-it-all fans like you I hope all these threads gets bumped.

If he leaves because he can't handle people questioning his decisions, football management isn't the job for him.

Which of our best players did he drop then?

Vicente?
Greer?
Navarro? (Outstanding last Tuesday, as opposed to Dicker....)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If he leaves because he can't handle people questioning his decisions, football management isn't the job for him.

Vicente?
Greer?

Fairly sure Greer was injured/ill and Vicente needed a rest had a mild injury. Not sure about Navarro I like him but plenty on here have slated him recently (Not that it means much).

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Why do you only ever post negative threads & posts Withdean Wanderer

I genuinely wish you would f*** off to another club... Palace are looking for fans?

I used to feel the same as you, But to his credit he explained the other day that he (as do many) see NSC kind of like Trip Advisor and if people have a good experience they go out and enjoy it, watch tv go bed content etc it's when they're wound up they tend to express opinions the most, I just see it as a different way of supporting the team. We all genuinely care for this club and although some can handle certain situations (Not that I think tonight was one) and others can't and need to let off. At least he cares and I'm sure like you and I he would still be here if we ended up in the BSP.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Off yer knees serf. There's no need to be so pitifully grateful just because we finally hired a manager who got us playing the ball on the ground with the aid of a massively increased budget. Hardly a unique managerial attribute. There's plenty similar managers out there, including many who are less eccentic than the current loveable loony.

D

Deleted User X18H

Livid he was livid. I was too scared to ask a question.

Who ever you were cut it out.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
NSC isn't a trip advisor, it's a fans forum... Fans support a club, they don't try to rally as much negative drivel as they can. The internet & NSC is highly influential and I really wish the twats like Withdean Wanderer & Mutts Nutts would piss off instead of trying deflate the feel good atmosphere at the club at the moment by perpetually posting this shite whenever they get the opportunity

I agree with you 110% I just know life isn't like that and live with it, Dont let it get to you.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Vicente?
Greer?

Greer knock....Vicente..something about feeling unwell,,,which just leaves navs...let's not let facts get in the way of a good moan

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
NSC isn't a trip advisor, it's a fans forum... Fans support a club, they don't try to rally as much negative drivel as they can. The internet & NSC is highly influential and I really wish the twats like Withdean Wanderer & Mutts Nutts would piss off instead of trying deflate the feel good atmosphere at the club at the moment by perpetually posting this shite whenever they get the opportunity

Oh, bore off.

This isn't about me. What's deflating the good atmosphere at the club is the manager doing things that upset the supporters - like diving into the middle of a racism scandal, threatening to walk out, making come and get me plea's to Premiership Clubs, storming off in the middle of a game and now telling the fans they're a disgrace for booing a team who had scored 0 and conceded 10 in 3 and a half matches.

Management isn't just about picking the right team (which Poyet has struggled with lately) and getting results. It's about handling the media and fan expectation.

He's quite clearly the best manager in my life time, but he needs to buck his ideas up if he's going to make it to the top.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Livid he was livid. I was too scared to ask a question.

Who ever you were cut it out.

That's not like you, Timmy. A cuppla quick blasts of that Pomposity Pistol of yours - & Shirley he'd have been putty in your mitts? Sounds like you're losing your golden journalistic touch...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
In reply to that quote I'd disagree. Fans turn up to be entertained first and foremost, supporting the players comes second to that.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
then are we no better than Chelsea getting rid of the manager every two years because you have grown to dislike him. And i disagree that you are saying he can easily be replaced. someone like Gus who has so many contacts (BRIGHTON signing VICENTE), someone similar would unlikely come to Brighton (will have changed a bit now i feel), he only did as he was starting his managerial career. Rewind two or so games would you still be saying this after the season we have had?!?! unbelievable in my eyes

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh, bore off.

This isn't about me. What's deflating the good atmosphere at the club is the manager doing things that upset the supporters - like diving into the middle of a racism scandal, threatening to walk out, making come and get me plea's to Premiership Clubs, storming off in the middle of a game and now telling the fans they're a disgrace for booing a team who had scored 0 and conceded 10 in 3 and a half matches.

Management isn't just about picking the right team (which Poyet has struggled with lately) and getting results. It's about handling the media and fan expectation.

He's quite clearly the best manager in my life time, but he needs to buck his ideas up if he's going to make it to the top.

Lol...as if he's bothered what u think...hav u tried auditioning for MOTD they need more drivel on tht program

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here