Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These Michael Owen Rumours - Im beginning to think there is something in this!!

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
How much would Owen cost per week - assuming he wants to move from the north-west? Bloom wouldnt pay £10,000 per week for Murray - why would he pay multiples of this for a player who will be injured for most of the season?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Ok i've kept this to myself for the last week but these rumours aren't going away so here goes.

I spent a couple of hours with his dad in the local village pub where the Owen clan live last week. It took a few beers to get him talking and I was warned that he has be known to talk utter bollox, but he said:

1. he's talking to as many clubs as possible to see whats on offer;
2. if Manu offer him another year he'll bite their arm off;
3. he wouldn't deny or confirm he's talked to us but did say 'well he was down your way as he's seen Southampton'.
4. he did confirm he is talking to other championship clubs including Leicester & Forest.
5. his best offer on the table so far is from Stoke, £60k per week not pay as you play - his stables are halfway between his house & stoke so ticks many boxes.
6. he is horse mad, and has invested 'millions' in state of the art training facilities, top trainer & other staff. He wants to play as long as possible to help meet the costs of running his stables & training centre.

Many of the locals are still hacked off with him as he persuaded them to back Owen going to Villa 2 years ago as it was a dead cert! He did try to explain that ManU came in late after Villa was agreed and it wasn't his fault, by this point he was beginning to slur a bit....

Ok i've kept this to myself for the last week but these rumours aren't going away so here goes.

I spent a couple of hours with his dad in the local village pub where the Owen clan live last week. It took a few beers to get him talking and I was warned that he has be known to talk utter bollox, but he said:

3. he wouldn't deny or confirm he's talked to us but did say 'well he was down your way as he's seen Southampton'.
4. he did confirm he is talking to other championship clubs including Leicester & Forest.
5. his best offer on the table so far is from Stoke, £60k per week not pay as you play - his stables are halfway between his house & stoke so ticks many boxes.
6. he is horse mad, and has invested 'millions' in state of the art training facilities, top trainer & other staff. He wants to play as long as possible to help meet the costs of running his stables & training centre.

Many of the locals are still hacked off with him as he persuaded them to back Owen going to Villa 2 years ago as it was a dead cert! He did try to explain that ManU came in late after Villa was agreed and it wasn't his fault, by this point he was beginning to slur a bit....
That's a NO, then.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think a player of Owen's status at this stage could break the dressing room-i may be wrong-maybe we are getting Owen on loan to get his fitness up or back(laughs)and then Newcastle buy him and having helped Brighton in paying his wages Toon(rolling on the floor) give us at cost Lua Lua....

Edit: or we could do what i think we may do(no source or otherwise-just a feeling of said poster and not the view of NSC or associates)-bid..hhhhmmm lets say an initial £1.25m for KLL

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe they can sort out a deal at Tom Dascombe's racing stables, where Messrs Owen and Bloom are both owners? To say nothing of Owen being the owner of the stables.

Owen is joint owner of Manor House, Dascombe runs it for him.

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The only way we'd possibly get Owen is if a) Bloom underwrote his no-doubt massive gamble debts or b) Bloom promised him a million quid bonus if his goals meant we got promoted/made the play-offs. Either way it wouldn't be about wages, there would be a major gambling element involved. Still believe it's all silly season bullshit though.

I know that is how we got Bobby Smith in the early 1960's; but it was a different world then. Just not going to happen now!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I know that is how we got Bobby Smith in the early 1960's; but it was a different world then. Just not going to happen now!

You never know-in fact i'd say there is more chance today

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ah, I see LB. Unnamed ones not listed on owner database. In that case, that adds a little to a potential link up that was mentioned by the source of the information. Like I say, it is 3rd party news but from an informed source. I do not have news that it WILL happen though, unlike the thread instigator.

Where is this Owner's database then?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe they can sort out a deal at Tom Dascombe's racing stables, where Messrs Owen and Bloom are both owners? To say nothing of Owen being the owner of the stables.

I suggested this about a week ago on the other thread, perhaps this is the fire behind all the smoke we are seeing?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Stoke can pay 60k a week! wow. Surprised he hasn't bitten their hand off already

obviously just talking horses with Bloom, and he and Poyet must have crossed swords many times in the past. Wouldn't put it past Poyet to 'enquire' but it would be ridiculous.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Deary me, Michael Owen really isn't going to be playing for us next season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Stoke really? He is hardly their kind of player and would be crocked after the first training session, most of their players have nearly a foot on Owen and are far more physical than him. However if he wants to be out injured on 60k a week for the rest of his career then i guess he will have plenty of time on his hands to spend with the horses.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
he is not coming end of , mods should start thinking about punishment for more owne threads , he could still get in to half the teams in the prem , why would he come to us

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Where is this Owner's database then?

Well, there is more than one but you have to be a registered owner to access those. If you go to racingpost.com and search by owner you can view all TB's horses in training but it doesn't, as stated, include unnamed ones or ones recently bought at the HIT sale for example.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He can fly his helicopter from Shoreham Airport.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Bobby Smith bought for £5000 from Spurs six months after he played for England...plus a certain bookie cancelled his gambling debts said to be quite an amount....can't say anymore because I will be forced to kill you....TIC.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
he is not coming end of , mods should start thinking about punishment for more owne threads , he could still get in to half the teams in the prem , why would he come to us

In this country I think you'll find it's called "freedom of speech"

you can't punish someone just for posting a rumour which they believe to be true surely? Otherwise nothing would EVER get posted on here!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here