Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These Michael Owen Rumours - Im beginning to think there is something in this!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Whilst drinking in Manchester City center last night and watching a masterclass of spanish football...I got chatting to this guy who was clearly a utd fan stating I am a Brighton fan.....He then openly says to me....you lot are getting Owen next season....he is talking to Brighton now!

Now I am one of those that laughed when I saw it on here....but I am wondering how much of this is true now?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
He was talking to us whilst sitting on the bench in the Champions League final. WOW! :jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's only saying that bases on the same ridiculous rumours that have appeared on here and all over the Internet.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I just cant get my head around this........How the f*** can we afford his wages if he did come, its a HUGE risk. but a mighty fine player!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just cant get my head around this........How the f*** can we afford his wages if he did come, its a HUGE risk. but a mighty fine player!!!!

The only way we'd possibly get Owen is if a) Bloom underwrote his no-doubt massive gamble debts or b) Bloom promised him a million quid bonus if his goals meant we got promoted/made the play-offs. Either way it wouldn't be about wages, there would be a major gambling element involved. Still believe it's all silly season bullshit though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Sponsorship... the fact he doesn't need to earn money from the game any more... whole host of reasons really why it could be afforded, but a whole host more reasons why he almost certainly won't be wearing the blue and white stripes next season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Maybe Bloom offered him a couple of thoroughbreds for his stables........ Owen couldn't look a 'gift horse' in the mouth

Oct 25, 2003
owen might be at the stage in his career when he just wants to play football, correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't he fit for most of last season?

anyway, he's rich as f*** and might not be that fussed about wages, he might just want to enjoy playing again

that's our only hope anyway, and he'll probably go to someone in the premiership

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the rumour has gotten stronger as the weeks go by
he would be immense for us how can we afford his wages I agree with the post above and can you get a season ticket now?????

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
just imagine him on 15 k a week and getting injured after 3 games , f***ing nightmare , i'd be looking elsewhere to be frank/francis.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can't see it for the simple reason is that he lives up North. He'd be more likely to go to a Northern team than us and I do think he'd end up being a very expensive Kitson.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Bloom has given Owen his best horse (Sandaza)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Maybe they can sort out a deal at Tom Dascombe's racing stables, where Messrs Owen and Bloom are both owners? To say nothing of Owen being the owner of the stables.

Does TB have horses with Dascombe? TB owns Jeremy Gask's yard, Sutton Veny, and has flat horses with William Haggas. Can't think of any offhand with Dsacombe. That said, it doesn't make it any less likely. And for those who believe it unthinkable you may well be right but it is not all smoke and no fire. There is interest, at least from our side, I am led to believe.

D

Deleted User X18H

owen might be at the stage in his career when he just wants to play football, correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't he fit for most of last season?

anyway, he's rich as f*** and might not be that fussed about wages, he might just want to enjoy playing again

that's our only hope anyway, and he'll probably go to someone in the premiership
A la Kitson
just imagine him on 15 k a week and getting injured after 3 games , f***ing nightmare , i'd be looking elsewhere to be frank/francis.

Ahem!

Does TB have horses with Dascombe? TB owns Jeremy Gask's yard, Sutton Veny, and has flat horses with William Haggas. Can't think of any offhand with Dsacombe. That said, it doesn't make it any less likely. And for those who believe it unthinkable you may well be right but it is not all smoke and no fire. There is interest, at least from our side, I am led to believe.
Yep. Tony Bloom has a couple of un-named 2 year olds at Manor House. This could be a sign of a newly developing relationship.

Tom Dascombe racehorse trainer Manor House Stables horse racing England

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here