Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's this bloke at work...

Qualify on both counts here too. Born and brought up in Haywards Heath and dad was a Barnsley supporting fully paid up Yorkshireman.

Me too, neither I nor any of my immediate family come Brighton or Hove and my old man used to watch Pompey.
But we are now both die-hards, in fact I never supported Pompey anyway!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Could never respect a man who jumps ship like that. Tell him to go to Chelsea.

Pavel Srníček's Haircut

Card-carrying slagfan
Jun 12, 2009
Brighton
Alright chaps,

Pleasure to make your acquaintance, and read the very funny replies to this thread. It's me. I'm the slagfan. But don't worry, I'll probably go buy a Man Utd shirt once they sign Ribery and claim I've been in it for the long haul with them, so I shan't dirty the doorstep for too long.

What my gracious introduction from Al stated was pretty much right on the money, but I'd never abandon or stop supporting Newcastle (for my sins, it's in the blood and all the transfusions in the world won't get rid of that - believe me, I've tried. It ruined the lino in the kitchen)

No, I guess I'm looking for a bit of a footballing refresher after the past five-odd years (arguably a lot more than that, but let's not get into that just yet) of mismanagement, awful decisions, overpriced, underworked dross up north. I want to see some decent football played by my local side, and I feel slightly ashamed that in the three years I've been living up here, I've yet to go to a Brighton game. So this season (09/10) I'm gonna try and make it to about half of the home games up at Withdean.

Think of me more as a curiosity to be poked at with sticks and sundry items in the Basketmakers for a few weekends a year in the upcoming season(s).

Pavel Srníček's Haircut;2991874 said:
Alright chaps,

Pleasure to make your acquaintance, and read the very funny replies to this thread. It's me. I'm the slagfan. But don't worry, I'll probably go buy a Man Utd shirt once they sign Ribery and claim I've been in it for the long haul with them, so I shan't dirty the doorstep for too long.

What my gracious introduction from Al stated was pretty much right on the money, but I'd never abandon or stop supporting Newcastle (for my sins, it's in the blood and all the transfusions in the world won't get rid of that - believe me, I've tried. It ruined the lino in the kitchen)

No, I guess I'm looking for a bit of a footballing refresher after the past five-odd years (arguably a lot more than that, but let's not get into that just yet) of mismanagement, awful decisions, overpriced, underworked dross up north. I want to see some decent football played by my local side, and I feel slightly ashamed that in the three years I've been living up here, I've yet to go to a Brighton game. So this season (09/10) I'm gonna try and make it to about half of the home games up at Withdean.

Think of me more as a curiosity to be poked at with sticks and sundry items in the Basketmakers for a few weekends a year in the upcoming season(s).

Welcome to watching the Albion, you utter, utter slag!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I want to see some decent football played by my local side, QUOTE]

Well that's likely to be your 1st disappointment as an Albion wannabe fan :(

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Alright chaps,

:bigwave:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Alright chaps,

Might be an idea to wait for Falmer.....you dont know the joys of Withdean

Pavel Srníček's Haircut

Card-carrying slagfan
Jun 12, 2009
Brighton
Might be an idea to wait for Falmer.....you dont know the joys of Withdean

I've heard rumours... But us folk from the south west are a hardy bunch. We only got electricity and indoor toilets shortly before I moved up here. I tell ya, it was a shock to the system (or should that be cistern?) moving to Hove.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well mate there is a certain ex HAMMER who now supports the Albion 100% so you are most welcome.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
welcome aboard the goodship Albion, it'll be a rough ride for sure, but it's rarely dull !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here