Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
by making this its lead story ,we can thank the good old BBC for creating this scenario (panic buying) almost single-handedly
Well Done BBC !

So what do you think the BBC will decide to single-handedly do next :dunce:

Shouldn't you be in a queue somewhere ? :lolol:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
If he/she has heard such things, then as a civil servant, shouldn't be talking about such things freely.

Someone "fairly high" up would know that more than most.

It might not be his remit but he would have concern if the agriculture sector were struggling to get the necessary fuel, not only for farms but the rest of the supply line.

That's not to say the stories relating to the Taliban are true though!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Folks, we are screwed.

Something deeper is going on here than the lack of a few drivers. If that was the case then the army would be out driving tankers.

I just drove from Tunbridge Wells to East Preston and EVERY SINGLE garage forecourt is roped / coned off. Every single one. No fuel.

We have run out and I'm not sure there is any resupplies coming soon.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Folks, we are screwed.

Something deeper is going on here than the lack of a few drivers. If that was the case then the army would be out driving tankers.

I just drove from Tunbridge Wells to East Preston and EVERY SINGLE garage forecourt is roped / coned off. Every single one. No fuel.

Do you write the headlines for the BBC or The Sun?

Of course its something deeper, it's the Brexiteer Anti Vaxers refusing to wear a mask causing it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Folks, we are screwed.

Loads up here. It's not grim oop north

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A35C9C77-DAB0-43F9-93E2-367F46A154C3.jpeg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
fill ma can.jpg

Phil McCann

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Folks, we are screwed.

Not really, what you witnessed is the effect on modern "just in time" supply chains when people panic. Same thing happened with toilet roll.

If everyone decides they want to fill their tank at the same time (or buy toilet roll) the suppliers run out.

I witnessed it twice this weekend in Clapham. Ridiculous long queues of motorists on Nightingale Lane and Clapham South trying to get onto the forecourt.

What you've seen is the aftermath.

There is clearly a lack of drivers but this is hardly the first petrol panic is it ?

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Folks, we are screwed.

That’s because every ****wit in the country, driven largely by the media and Bozza’s late night post , went out to fill their tank.

Usual customer consumption behaviours then go out the window. It takes a few days for the supply chain to adjust.

How an earth do you not understand this you hysterical fanny?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Chatting about this at work today, when asked I said jokingly it’s probably the Taliban making a pact with China and now controlling the oil supplies, no better way to disrupt the west. That got them thinking :)

Any of your who seriously went out to get fuel when you probably didn't need to, filling you car then your wife's car up etc give your heads a wobble. Selfishness of the highest order.

Some people, you know, those who rely on fuel for getting to work to save lives or to make a living, are now stuffed because of your selfishness.

Makes my blood boil.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Any of your who seriously went out to get fuel when you probably didn't need to, filling you car then your wife's car up etc give your heads a wobble. Selfishness of the highest order.

Some people, you know, those who rely on fuel for getting to work to save lives or to make a living, are now stuffed because of your selfishness.

Makes my blood boil.

To be honest, it made me laugh round here. Huge queues on Nightingale Lane, horn blowing (why does anyone do that) only to be turned away because they had run out of petrol.

I'm sure there were some people who genuinely needed fuel, but the reality is that the vast majority were planning to return home, park their car outside their house and watch it depreciate in value whilst paying the council vast sums for the privilege to do so.

Personally I'd tax these people to the max and use the proceeds to subsidise fuel for people who genuinely need it. You know, those people who don't live near ample tube station and railway links or work night shifts.

I've been looking to move recently and have seen quite an eclectic bunch of properties, Edwardian, Victorian and those built in the 80s/90s with a garage attached. Up here (I understand it's different elsewhere) the estate agents are somewhat apologetic about the anachronism of a building designed to house a form of personal transport. They tend to market them as storage.

I'm far from anti-car, I rely on a lift / taxi when I go "back home" to rural Sussex, but the vast majority of people living up here simply don't need one.

They choose to do so.

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You really, really need to learn to read. I couldn't make it clearer that it was Bozza trolling and you fell for it hook, line and sinker. And are now behaving like a 5 year old. The gift that keeps on giving.:clap2:

Says the man that keeps trolling and stalking me. Time to get a life. Seriously.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just been past Sainsburys West Hove and the queues are frankly stupid. Utter idiots.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I'm not even going to bother. I've got enough diesel in the van to get me to wednesday I think with my daily commute.

I'm hoping the 'Panic Fillers' have had their fun by then and I'll be able to put £20 in as usual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here