[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the petrol stations had a sign stating "Minimum Spend £30" should be sorted

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Absolute wankers! Some of us need vehicles to work, I bet most of these people work from home or don't work at all!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The panic buying w@nkers are out in force this morning and they should all be flogged.
Far too much scare mongering on the news today but people do not have the intelligence to work out that it is only BP and some Tesco, it is a very small amount of stations mainly in London and SE, but as seems the way these days the thickos just look at Facebook and twitter rather than listening and working it out for themselves, much the same way as politics is looked upon now.
Problem is that my empty tank light pinged on this morning, I genuinely need fuel but I have to go and sit in a queue of idiots to get some.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
So how do you know how far someone is driving? Half a tank may not get them to their destination. Under your scheme would everyone have to prove their destination?

You are also expecting every garage to employ people to check every fuel gauge before filling up?

I can only assume, once again that it's all a bit tongue in cheek and that you are joking, as no-one could really be that stupid! Could they?

Well, you go on your journey and you pull into a station when you have less than half a tank. Preferably when you're down to a quarter.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You just know we’ll have the coldest winter for years this year, just to make things even worse with the energy, fuel and food problems.
I fully expect an absolutely freezing winter !

you are Piers Corbyn and i claim my £5.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The panic buying w@nkers are out in force this morning and they should all be flogged.
Far too much scare mongering on the news today but people do not have the intelligence to work out that it is only BP and some Tesco, it is a very small amount of stations mainly in London and SE, but as seems the way these days the thickos just look at Facebook and twitter rather than listening and working it out for themselves, much the same way as politics is looked upon now.
Problem is that my empty tank light pinged on this morning, I genuinely need fuel but I have to go and sit in a queue of idiots to get some.

Fairly minor story about delivery problems became the lead item on News At Ten last night and is today's front page story in virtually every newspaper. Completely predictable response. The media in this country are in it only for themselves and have absolutely no care for the consequences of their actions.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Talk about lack of self awareness :ffsparr:Perhaps, just perhaps, the thickos you are talking about also don’t have any petrol and genuinely need some ? Perhaps some of them are also raging to themselves that they have to sit in a queue of idiots (one of whom is yourself) to get some ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Fairly minor story about delivery problems became the lead item on News At Ten last night and is today's front page story in virtually every newspaper. Completely predictable response. The media in this country are in it only for themselves and have absolutely no care for the consequences of their actions.

Yes, just as much the fault of the media, GMB was so over the top this morning but surely people can work out that there is no need to panic buy.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Talk about lack of self awareness :ffsparr:Perhaps, just perhaps, the thickos you are talking about also don’t have any petrol and genuinely need some ? Perhaps some of them are also raging to themselves that they have to sit in a queue of idiots (one of whom is yourself) to get some ?

What you mean that if I drive past my local ESSO on a Friday lunchtime and there is never a queue but today as I have just driven past the queue is at least 30 cars down the road.
As usual you are being a total w@nker, but at least you are consistent.

DudsFarm

Oct 2, 2020
Cheltenham
After reading this I've been out to fill up car and jerry cans, bought all the bog rolls I could carry, several tins of corned beef rice, pasta, candles and a generator. can't be too careful.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Whilst I've got about a 1/4 of a tank there is no point going out and queuing now. Thankfully not got any long drives scheduled so will just wait it out and hope it isn't mental by the time the weekend is over.
Ditto... I have about 135 miles worth in the tank, I'm hoping sanity is restored Mon/Tues.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just been past the petrol station in Hangleton ..... queues down the road. Utter fvckwits !!!!! Really, how stupid have you got to be to panic buy ?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Just been out to collect my daughter from college. Tesco Express has no fuel - not unexpected given the news - but the small independent one nearby and the co-op both have huge queues that are blocking the traffic.

I reckon at least half of those queueing don't need fuel now, but want to fill up because social media is full of people saying the fuel is running out.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So often, people panic-buying cause the shortages.

Decades ago, I had a Saturday job at Key Markets in the Guildbourne Centre, Worthing. There had been a news report about a possible strike by bakers in a few weeks' time, whereupon we were besieged by grannies filling up large shopping trollies with loaves of bread, emptying the shelves within minutes - and then moaning about how selfish the bakers were.

Sometimes, I think a lot of the public are total idiots!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Anyway - my "panic buy" was just moving my planned Saturday morning purchase to Friday lunchtime to avoid a world of pain this weekend. By lunchtime tomorrow I'll have taken the same amount of fuel out of the system as I was long planning to do :shrug:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not much point HMG telling people not to panic buy when the Transport Minister this morning said that the government is looking at whether it is practical to bring the army in to drive the tankers! That would certainly suggest that there is a problem and panic buying would be the natural reaction for many.

Maybe HMG should stop telling people NOT to panic buy as it only encourages people to panic buy. We all remember the great toilet roll shortages of early 2020 surely? That all started when HMG said there would be no toilet roll shortage and there was no need to panic buy.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
you are Piers Corbyn and i claim my £5.

If piers corbyn is also predicting cold weather this winter then yes perhaps I am, I’ll give you a fiver myself.
I’m not sure why predicting Sod’s law when it comes to cold weather in a winter with potential energy shortages makes me the lunatic brother of a very poor former labour leader, but I’m sure you used some logic somewhere along the line !

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What you mean that if I drive past my local ESSO on a Friday lunchtime and there is never a queue but today as I have just driven past the queue is at least 30 cars down the road.
As usual you are being a total w@nker, but at least you are consistent.

Well, I do sometimes pull you up when you are mouthing off which is I guess what you mean :) I can only assume you don’t have your NSC anger issues in real life because that really wouldn’t be sustainable. Your conundrum is easily solved. Most of us fill up with petrol around once a week spread out over the course of the week. Today these purchases are bunched up into a short time frame because either they want to make sure they can get through for another week to give time for this problem to be sorted or they have very low levels of fuel and think it is better to fill up now than risk waiting until tomorrow. It’s all down to irresponsible journalism leaving people with little choice but to make their own rational decisions. Just like you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here