Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Getting back on track the Esso going Eastbound on the A27 into Worthing had no queue and about half the pumps working.

Sorry but I did fill up, my excuse is I'm off to Deepest Kent for the next two days and what I now have will get me there and back without worrying.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Straight into Tesco Burgess Hill this morning thank god. Been absolutely shitting myself over the weekend.

I now know my car can do 10 miles more if the trip computer is reading 0 miles left.

I have a 55 litre tank and actually got 53 litres into it. So I reckon my petrol gauge reads 0 with a gallon left in it.......

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Getting back on track the Esso going Eastbound on the A27 into Worthing had no queue and about half the pumps working.

Sorry but I did fill up, my excuse is I'm off to Deepest Kent for the next two days and what I now have will get me there and back without worrying.

If you need it, then fill up. Mine earlier at Clacketts was a bit of a top up, just under 200 ltrs, £300.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If you need it, then fill up. Mine earlier at Clacketts was a bit of a top up, just under 200 ltrs, £300.

Well quite.

My trip to the Garden of England is thus:

Sullington to Rochester tomorrow evening (Lovely PremierInn). Following day 6AM start to Cliffe on Isle of Grain, a few hours work there then off to Ridham Dock (Sitingbourne) a couple of hours there then back to Cliffe to pick my monitoring gear, then finally a drive back home. late PM

Don't think I'll get much change from 250 miles for that hence full tank at present!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Salt Farm roundabout (Shell?) garage, Shoreham is open for fuel and no queue if anyone is in need. Just been past and all going smoothly by the look of it.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well quite.

My trip to the Garden of England is thus:

Sullington to Rochester tomorrow evening (Lovely PremierInn). Following day 6AM start to Cliffe on Isle of Grain, a few hours work there then off to Ridham Dock (Sitingbourne) a couple of hours there then back to Cliffe to pick my monitoring gear, then finally a drive back home. late PM

Don't think I'll get much change from 250 miles for that hence full tank at present!

Ridham docks, near the company called Knauf, I remember the big accident on the bridge there when it was foggy.
Safe journey

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Thank you so much.

At ASDA Hollingbury now. Queuing to fill my car.

They close all day every day, opening at 8pm, a cert for anyone wanting petrol or diesel.

It got hairy.

B3AAA26E-8093-4A5B-8E96-9FB95E63A325.jpeg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ridham docks, near the company called Knauf, I remember the big accident on the bridge there when it was foggy.
Safe journey

My Client is practically opposite the KNAUF Plasterboard site. KNAUF were one of my Clients for many years but it was a horrible site and as I approach retirement I'm getting rid of Clients that I don't enjoy working for!

Mind you the site I will be working on is an Asphalt Plant so also not so pleasant... :(

My Client also has a Terminal receiving granulated blast slag and a Concrete Batching Plant down on the Quayside. Talking to the Batcher he saw the accident, apparently there was no fog on top of the Bridge but they plunged into the fog lower down still going like the clappers. He watched the carnage back up the bridge as more and more people were arse ended. Amazingly no one was killed or seriously injured. Seeing as they were all coming off the Isle of Sheppey I suppose it was to be expected. :facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Quick update on the western side of Worthing. Petrol stations by Goring bridge, Boulevard, North Star and both Findon sites all empty - Goring Bridge took a delivery this morning and all gone by the evening.

Esso on A27 at Swandean has Diesel only.

Tesco West Durrington had fuel as at 8:15 and minimal queues.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quick update on the western side of Worthing. Petrol stations by Goring bridge, Boulevard, North Star and both Findon sites all empty - Goring Bridge took a delivery this morning and all gone by the evening.

Esso on A27 at Swandean has Diesel only.

Tesco West Durrington had fuel as at 8:15 and minimal queues.

Went to Asda Ferring about 9.30 this morning, minimal queue and went from having 125 miles in the tank to 365... happiness is a shortlived full tank of petrol !

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Milk bottles, fizzy drink bottles even managed to fill my hard hat up, just put cling film over it.
I even lifted the bonnet found 3 lids opened them up and managed to fill those up, you never know.
As long as you don't smoke while washing the windscreen, you'll be fine. :wink:

(Oh, and try not to let the radiator overheat.)

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Have held off until today- need a tank of fuel for the weekend.

Hove update at 0645 /0700 today (Tues)

Sainsburys- closed- someone said they are now only open 10pm to 6am to avoid creating traffic jams.

Tesco Holmbush- have fuel but are closed due to an electrical fault

Texaco Old Shoreham Rd- closed with ‘no fuel’ signs up

BP seafront- no fuel

Texaco on Hangleton Road - has fuel! Premium unleaded and diesel. Said they opened at 6am, had a delivery overnight, which will probably last until 6pm. I managed to get in with 5 mins queue but it had grown by the time I left.

Premium unleaded was £1.40 per litre.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here