Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Shoreham flyover shut going east today. The eastward coast road at Lancing/Shoreham is now a car park. Anyone running on fumes had best avoid.

I wonder if it is a petrol station queue up the road which has completely kyboshed eastbound coast road traffic ? ???

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Read my post again and perhaps you can then make an intelligent comment.

Ok, I have read it again and don’t really understand the point you are making. My point, for clarity, is that people panic buying fuel that isn’t really needed is preventing those that actually need it for a journey from doing so.

For example, my 75 year old neighbour, who hardly ever drives anywhere, went and filled his and his wife’s car yesterday. The local garage is now out of Diesel so those that need it to actually go somewhere can’t get it.

There is no need to resort to insults.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's a Fing joke. Drove past the garage this morning 7am, massive queue again. Will try for fuel tomorrow. If I cant get any by Monday then I can't do my delivery job on Tuesday. It really didn't have to be this way. If people just carried on as normal there would be enough fuel for everyone.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
E4E869B4-A98D-4716-972B-CDE90961790B.jpeg

FF75027C-E4C8-456C-9006-B4607147F1F2.jpeg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He can’t help it. He is stupid. A lemming. If you told him there’s a petrol station below the cliff he’d drive off it. Best thing he could do as a contribution to society is pour those cans over himself and light a match. Unfortunately he will probably have bred and has created another generation of dumbarses…and so it goes on. There is no hope for humanity! :)

:facepalm: oh the irony

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Shoreham flyover shut going east today. The eastward coast road at Lancing/Shoreham is now a car park. Anyone running on fumes had best avoid.

I wonder if it is a petrol station queue up the road which has completely kyboshed eastbound coast road traffic ? ???
Really :eek:I normally go that way to shop and buy petrol. So it's on foot with about 8 heavy bags to the local shop then. About a mile walk:)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

It’s closed due to planned maintenance, nothing to do with fuel queue’s [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As has already been pointed out, this is as dozy as can be, how much fuel can you cram in your tank?

Hey ho, no-one ever went bust gambling against the stupidity of the general public...

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Driving past all these imbeciles queueing for fuel makes me certain they have all the toilet roll and pasta from last year.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It appears that the only thing everyone on this thread agrees on is

The majority of the British population are stupid f***ers :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's a Fing joke. Drove past the garage this morning 7am, massive queue again. Will try for fuel tomorrow. If I cant get any by Monday then I can't do my delivery job on Tuesday. It really didn't have to be this way. If people just carried on as normal there would be enough fuel for everyone.

If you really need it - and were out at 7am why not just queue ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It appears that the only thing everyone on this thread agrees on is

The majority of the British population are stupid f***ers :lolol:

Contrarian ****ers.

"No need to panic buy" triggers mad panic buying.

Perhaps we should be told "You absolutely MUST panic buy all the fuel you can RIGHT NOW" because this would trigger many reactions of "No-one tells me when to buy petrol. I'll not buy any now - that'll show them."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here