Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Singing Lundstram would surely mean that Stephens is on his way.

The central midfield numbers are very bloated, and Potter is on record in last week's The Athletic as really rating Davy Pröpper.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Singing Lundstram would surely mean that Stephens is on his way.

The central midfield numbers are very bloated, and Potter is on record in last week's The Athletic as really rating Davy Pröpper.

He really rates Propper? Hey ho...... Well he knows a damn site more than me, and hoped he'd be moved on!

Lundstram is a good player, you may be right about Stephens, then again it also reeks of one of those agents trying to get better contract at Sheff United type shenanigans.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Lundstram would be an excellent signing, very good player and exactly the type I think we need in centre midfield.

The other speculative player who I think would be ideal for us in that position is Will Hughes but I've seen no rumours of him leaving Watford yet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Lundstram would be an excellent signing, very good player and exactly the type I think we need in centre midfield.

The other speculative player who I think would be ideal for us in that position is Will Hughes but I've seen no rumours of him leaving Watford yet.

Not impressed with Hughes attitude tbh - seems a moany, niggly type of player - but a very talented footballer.
Never noticed Lundstram before this season. Seems high energy/physically strong. Yes an upgrade on Stephens perhaps

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Nunez please Tony...

And thank you [emoji120]...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We're starting to reach that annual point where people start losing their shit on this thread over not signing Mr X. As per usual it'll be the Striker again. Remember Vincent Janssen? When everyone was whipped up to a point where they'd rather have ANYONE else rather than a 34 year old (then) Glen Murray? It'll be the same this year. We'll have irons in the fire but they may not come to fruition. Rest assured there'll be people prolapsing over the prospect of starting the season with only Maupay and Connolly up front. Who with a bit of Potter magic have a better chance on paper to rack up a higher number of goals when compared to signing just ANYONE for the sake of it.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
We're starting to reach that annual point where people start losing their shit on this thread over not signing Mr X. As per usual it'll be the Striker again. Remember Vincent Janssen? When everyone was whipped up to a point where they'd rather have ANYONE else rather than a 34 year old (then) Glen Murray? It'll be the same this year. We'll have irons in the fire but they may not come to fruition. Rest assured there'll be people prolapsing over the prospect of starting the season with only Maupay and Connolly up front. Who with a bit of Potter magic have a better chance on paper to rack up a higher number of goals when compared to signing just ANYONE for the sake of it.

Do you think so? I reckon it’ll be way more zen on here with the signings we’ve already made and Dunk extending his contract.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Do you think so? I reckon it’ll be way more zen on here with the signings we’ve already made and Dunk extending his contract.

Agree, personally speaking I’m quite relaxed about any future incomings and the vibe I get on NSC is the same.

We do need a striker, but we are being linked with quite a few which shows the club are trying.

Other then that we generally have the strongest squad since I can ever remember us having. The only other business I’d like to see is new contract for Ben and possibly a very good second goalkeeper if one becomes available.

One more forward would be ace though. Eduardo or Nunez and I could see us seriously challenging top 10.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Agree, personally speaking I’m quite relaxed about any future incomings and the vibe I get on NSC is the same.

We do need a striker, but we are being linked with quite a few which shows the club are trying.

Other then that we generally have the strongest squad since I can ever remember us having. The only other business I’d like to see is new contract for Ben and possibly a very good second goalkeeper if one becomes available.

One more forward would be ace though. Eduardo or Nunez and I could see us seriously challenging top 10.

lwb; bit greedy i know :D

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whilst a LWB singing would be great, if the worst comes to the worst and we need to wait until January for one, then Burn/Bernardo/March won't let us down.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed....very chilled this window. Two fantastic additions already, Dunky on a new deal, White back where he belongs and seen enough from the emerging talent to think we're in a very good place. Adding a striker and LWB would be the dusting of sugar on top of the cherry on the icing on the cake. We're very well ahead of the game, and all our 'relegation rivals'.

Seems as though Walton may be coming back to be no 2 keeper ?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

agree with everything you say, just not convinced enough by Edouard, watched load of his goals reels for Celtic, and in so many goals the standard of defending is shockingly bad, kept thinking, no way he gets that time/space, no way he scores there in the PL. Some of his goals again, looked like a better keeper would save.

Before he went to Celtic, he got 1 in 16 for Toulouse.

Maybe he will come good, but it feels a lot more like another Locadia type punt, good stats in a weak league doenst always translate to good in the PL. Best championship CF's are up against much better defenders than Edouard every week.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who knows. Might be done for the summer. Maybe Cochrane, Molumby and Gyökeres are seen as the solutions to what can be considered the holes in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here