Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is no Problem.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
In my opinion at the present time from what is common knowledge there is no problem with Tony Bloom's approach or the management hunt in general.

1) Coppell and Wise turning us down. Neither as far as I can tell have actually been offered the job they have just ruled themselves out. Disappointing but not the end of the world. Before some of you "In The Know" start screaming I am taking the decision to try to ignore your sources as they have been so far totally wrong.

2) The amount of speculation and lack of cast iron facts from the local rag signals to me that actually very few people know what is going on at all. This is perfectly highlighted by Andy Naylors LIST of possible managers article earlier today.

3) The post attacking our fledgling Chairman or spreading rumours about his offers and conversations with prospective managers is a disgrace. Let the guy get on with it, he may make mistakes but he is learning. It's a tough job that I and all of us would struggle with but the bottom line is he loves this club and will do the best he can for us.

4) Leading on from 3 Bloom is not going to appoint Gregory or Barnes or any old shit to the position so stop freaking out that by losing out on Coppell and Wise we are doomed.

Finally I think Coppell want's a bigger and easier task for his LAST managerial post we are too much of a struggle for him. There are loads more options and TB is the ONLY person who really knows the truth and I am sure he will get us a good set up in place soon.

So can everyone calm downm, there is no f*** up, we WILL end up with better than before this is not a farce of last time. TB has not declared his fisrt choice just a contender (Coppell) who did not want itm thats fine we want someone up for the long term I for one am sure we will get that.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
In my opinion at the present time from what is common knowledge there is no problem with Tony Bloom's approach or the management hunt in general....

3) The post attacking our fledgling Chairman or spreading rumours about his offers and conversations with prospective managers is a disgrace. Let the guy get on with it, he may make mistakes but he is learning. It's a tough job that I and all of us would struggle with but the bottom line is he loves this club and will do the best he can for us. .....

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
In my opinion at the present time from what is common knowledge there is no problem with Tony Bloom's approach or the management hunt in general.

1) Coppell and Wise turning us down. Neither as far as I can tell have actually been offered the job they have just ruled themselves out. Disappointing but not the end of the world. Before some of you "In The Know" start screaming I am taking the decision to try to ignore your sources as they have been so far totally wrong.

2) The amount of speculation and lack of cast iron facts from the local rag signals to me that actually very few people know what is going on at all. This is perfectly highlighted by Andy Naylors LIST of possible managers article earlier today.

3) The post attacking our fledgling Chairman or spreading rumours about his offers and conversations with prospective managers is a disgrace. Let the guy get on with it, he may make mistakes but he is learning. It's a tough job that I and all of us would struggle with but the bottom line is he loves this club and will do the best he can for us.

4) Leading on from 3 Bloom is not going to appoint Gregory or Barnes or any old shit to the position so stop freaking out that by losing out on Coppell and Wise we are doomed.

Finally I think Coppell want's a bigger and easier task for his LAST managerial post we are too much of a struggle for him. There are loads more options and TB is the ONLY person who really knows the truth and I am sure he will get us a good set up in place soon.

So can everyone calm downm, there is no f*** up, we WILL end up with better than before this is not a farce of last time. TB has not declared his fisrt choice just a contender (Coppell) who did not want itm thats fine we want someone up for the long term I for one am sure we will get that.

What he said! :thumbsup:

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008

Hmm...:shrug:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Absolutely. I can't believe the negativity on here. I was on the fence about sacking Slade but can understand Bloom doing it now. Now we have to trust him to make the right choice as manager. All we know so far is that Coppell wants a Premier League job (fair enough, there is nothing we can do about that) and Wise ruled himself out (well nobody on here wanted him anyway yet they are now using his ruling himself out as a sign that it is hopeless). Nobody has officially turned us down as nobody has been offered the job yet it seems.

Fair enough to speculate as we all love doing that but why slag off Bloom and say it is the same old disaster. We need to unite behind the team tomorrow at Wycombe and hopefully it will be good news next week. If it is John Barnes or someone like that then fair enough criticise but for all we know Curbishley could be on the verge of signing (I don't think he is but you never know). Let's just give Bloom a chance.

Mar 10, 2006

f***ing bang on thread. Exactly what I would say but you've got it down in words better than I would. There are some real idiots about with the rumours they claim to have got from 'a source'. I think the club are playing this right and keeping everything close to their chest and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't leak 1 or 2 things just to throw up a smoke screen.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
f***ing bang on thread. Exactly what I would say but you've got it down in words better than I would. There are some real idiots about with the rumours they claim to have got from 'a source'. I think the club are playing this right and keeping everything close to their chest and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't leak 1 or 2 things just to throw up a smoke screen.

Thanks, isn't it telling that the negative ones are near the top whilst this one, I hope talking sense, is falling down the table so to speak. :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What I want to know is what's happened to Ben's Grandad this week, I can't recall seeing him throw in his opinions. Has he been re-employed by the club in the search for a new manager?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
TB is treaing this in the same way as he would finding a CEO for oine of his businesses. He needs to find out who is interested and carries out due diligence on them, interviews half a dozen, and makes his choice from them There is nothing wrong in him telephoning Coppell and Wise as head hunters do all the time. At least we are doing this professionally this time and not talking to the press so that whoever does come will be the best for the job, instead of having four people turn it down in public - meaning Slade realised he was not top choice.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
TB is treaing this in the same way as he would finding a CEO for oine of his businesses. He needs to find out who is interested and carries out due diligence on them, interviews half a dozen, and makes his choice from them There is nothing wrong in him telephoning Coppell and Wise as head hunters do all the time. At least we are doing this professionally this time and not talking to the press so that whoever does come will be the best for the job, instead of having four people turn it down in public - meaning Slade realised he was not top choice.

Bingo.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Which is why nerd in another thread, suggesting Bloom is, well perhaps a little out of his depth at the mo angers me beyond belief!!!!

"My concerns are very simple and focus on his lack of experience of running a complex organisation like a football club" LB 6/11/09 I think this comment may well come back to haunt you!

Last edited:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Greetings Del, glad you chose to join the sensible table! :thumbsup:

Stop with your positive bullshit Forster, this is NSC (NEVER STOP COMPLAINING about anything and everything connected with the Albion). We're a lower league club in a shit state and we always will be. If you want to post ridiculously optimisitic and positive stuff go and join the Real Madrid website, they'll love you on there. The sooner this thread sinks without trace the bitter, sorry better!

:rant::angry:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Stop with your positive bullshit Forster, this is NSC (NEVER STOP COMPLAINING about anything and everything connected with the Albion). We're a lower league club in a shit state and we always will be. If you want to post ridiculously optimisitic and positive stuff go and join the Real Madrid website, they'll love you on there. The sooner this thread sinks without trace the bitter, sorry better!

:rant::angry:

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I soooooo hope you're right Fozzie, but I'm yet to be convinced.. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here