Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There does not seem to have been much of a general sale of Season Tickets?

Was supposed to start Wednesday
How many are on GS?
What is GS anyway? Why would someone come out the woodwork now, who has never been to a game and is not on the waiting list.

I want to know what is left and where - can anyone enlighten me?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Was supposed to start Wednesday
How many are on GS?
What is GS anyway? Why would someone come out the woodwork now, who has never been to a game and is not on the waiting list.

I want to know what is left and where - can anyone enlighten me?

About 1000 left apparently, expecting a rush on Monday when the fixtures are announced

@officialBHAFC on twitter

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Why would there be a particular rush on Mon? We know who we are playing all season don't we?

Don't really know tbh, I suppose when the fixtures are announced, those that are in two minds probably think lets go for it :shrug:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why would there be a particular rush on Mon? We know who we are playing all season don't we?

Agreed. But some decent signings (and departures) might make a difference.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There have been complications setting up the Groupon deal. Ooops! Sorry, thought I was on BBS.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I imagine to be honest, with the full page advertising now in the argus, the last 1000 or so available season tickets will be gone within a week or 2.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I guess there are people who work shifts that want to see what matches they would get to see before committing to a season ticket.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A friend of mine, who, due to the fact his wife requires 24 hour care, only went to a handfull of games last year. He will buy 2 season tickets now they are on general sale, he will then be sharing them with his 2 sons on a match by match basis.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I was looking at a season ticket spoke to a couple of here about it last night, but I can't make every week would be every other week and I will miss a number of games, so I'm hoping there will be a number making general sale.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm in the same position of not understanding what market they are now selling to?

It seems we have "1000 tickets give or take", so say 1300 or so and without the creation of some excitement to stimulate sales it seems unlikely we will shift those although the ones that remain unsold will presumably sell pretty easily on a game by game basis. However with all of our match sale tickets being in the south stand and south west corner then a gap of empty seats to the away fans who will more often than not be unable to fill the south/southeast/east corner there is a risk that kicking in to the south end might not be the experience the club hope for next season ???

Of course, whether it seems likely or not right now, a couple of decent signings in the next fortnight could create the excitement and anticipation to shift all of the remaining season tickets which would be a bigger bonus than we might realise.

This is likely to be our peak season in terms of selling season tickets (if we don't get promoted or to the play-offs)unless we are able to at least repeat last season's challenge for the play-offs. If success isn't seen to be on the immediate horizon the drop in season ticket sales could be quite severe. With the added revenue to the EPL thereafter, the chances of joining the elite will become harder and harder as time passes.

I'm possibly in the minority (having no inside sources at the Albion) to have not thought of the Kuzsczack rumour as being anything more than that. I still can't find any substantial back-up for it being anything other than total conjecture by us fans. Similarly, however, the sudden alarm at the club's finances qppears (with all due respect to El Presidente's quite logical analysis and others' undoubtably impeccable sources) to fall into the same mould. Ken Brown left and transport costs were higher than anticipated and the net effect was that we can't afford players' wages............? Sorry. No. We have a much publicised salary limit based on our historic status and it will take time for that to build through to a more competitive level (if we are sensible - and all the signs are that TB is eminently sensible). Meanwhile clubs with an established infrastructure at this level and higher will pay more than us and other clubs coming through from the lower leagues will take a punt on success with the risk of financial collapse if they fail seemingly being ignored. We are never going to be up there among the big boys if we remain prudent but surely prudence is exactly what our history demands? Personally I am all for it even if it rules us out of a potential place in the sun!

Tony Bloom is a clever man though .... and he is a fan. He will try to balance ambition and achievement with financial security. He will know that last season possibly represented as good a chance as we are likely to get at promotion and because of the extra tv money going in to the EPL this season is potentially even bigger. My guess - without any pretence at inside knowedge - is that we will make some signings that will allow us to challenge. I think Gus will have learned from our relative inexperience at this level and from our lack of physicality......... and I suspect that none of our main targets have so far been named (or not seriously so) on Northstandchat. Coming back on topic, I think that whatever happens it will be the next couple of transfers in to the club that decide whether we shift those last few season tickets. Not that I'm worried...................I've got mine :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The commercial team want to sell 100% of the available season tickets, they want as few as possible match by match tickets available. There was a waiting list that came into effect after the existing STH had renewed, that is now done, so they are inviting anyone who was not on the list, who wasn't an existing holder, regardless of ticket buying history, to take the option of a season ticket. I guess this means people who may not have thought to get on the waiting list (I know my friend who is buying 2 tickets wasn't), people who have just made up their mind, perhaps even people who hadn't thought they could afford one.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I guess there are people who work shifts that want to see what matches they would get to see before committing to a season ticket.

I work shifts and didn't get a ST last season because I didn't know what I'd be able to get to. Turned out I got to 13 home games without taking any leave. This year I have bought 2. When the fixtures are announced I might be working on some, none or all of the match days, so monday afternoon will be spent working out what leave I need.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Certainly didn't look like 1000 tickets left when I got mine Wednesday! A few hundred maybe.. All in the north end of lower west and the from of the SW corner

seagul

Jan 16, 2012
bexhill
I'm in the same position of not understanding what market they are now selling to?

It seems we have "1000 tickets give or take", so say 1300 or so and without the creation of some excitement to stimulate sales it seems unlikely we will shift those although the ones that remain unsold will presumably sell pretty easily on a game by game basis. However with all of our match sale tickets being in the south stand and south west corner then a gap of empty seats to the away fans who will more often than not be unable to fill the south/southeast/east corner there is a risk that kicking in to the south end might not be the experience the club hope for next season ???

Of course, whether it seems likely or not right now, a couple of decent signings in the next fortnight could create the excitement and anticipation to shift all of the remaining season tickets which would be a bigger bonus than we might realise.

This is likely to be our peak season in terms of selling season tickets (if we don't get promoted or to the play-offs)unless we are able to at least repeat last season's challenge for the play-offs. If success isn't seen to be on the immediate horizon the drop in season ticket sales could be quite severe. With the added revenue to the EPL thereafter, the chances of joining the elite will become harder and harder as time passes.

I'm possibly in the minority (having no inside sources at the Albion) to have not thought of the Kuzsczack rumour as being anything more than that. I still can't find any substantial back-up for it being anything other than total conjecture by us fans. Similarly, however, the sudden alarm at the club's finances qppears (with all due respect to El Presidente's quite logical analysis and others' undoubtably impeccable sources) to fall into the same mould. Ken Brown left and transport costs were higher than anticipated and the net effect was that we can't afford players' wages............? Sorry. No. We have a much publicised salary limit based on our historic status and it will take time for that to build through to a more competitive level (if we are sensible - and all the signs are that TB is eminently sensible). Meanwhile clubs with an established infrastructure at this level and higher will pay more than us and other clubs coming through from the lower leagues will take a punt on success with the risk of financial collapse if they fail seemingly being ignored. We are never going to be up there among the big boys if we remain prudent but surely prudence is exactly what our history demands? Personally I am all for it even if it rules us out of a potential place in the sun!

Tony Bloom is a clever man though .... and he is a fan. He will try to balance ambition and achievement with financial security. He will know that last season possibly represented as good a chance as we are likely to get at promotion and because of the extra tv money going in to the EPL this season is potentially even bigger. My guess - without any pretence at inside knowedge - is that we will make some signings that will allow us to challenge. I think Gus will have learned from our relative inexperience at this level and from our lack of physicality......... and I suspect that none of our main targets have so far been named (or not seriously so) on Northstandchat. Coming back on topic, I think that whatever happens it will be the next couple of transfers in to the club that decide whether we shift those last few season tickets. Not that I'm worried...................I've got mine :thumbsup:

Exactly :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here