Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Young Ones

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
ACE OF SPADES!!!!!

Viv stuffing a donut down his throat and running off without paying!

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahhhh, Ace of Spades. What a MARVEL that is to play on Guitar Hero.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
seagully said:
I love The Young Ones but what was the real point of Mike? He brought nothing to the show IMO
No way - he had some of the best lines of the lot!

"A cake. Can a cake dance? Can a cake get you drunk? Will a cake let you put your hand up its jumper?"

Stumpy Tim

The Northstander said:
ACE OF SPADES!!!!!

Viv stuffing a donut down his throat and running off without paying!

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

The songs were a waste of time though - apart from Ace of Spades. The only two things I didn't like about The Young Ones were those songs and Alexi Sayle, who is and was SHIT

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stumpy Tim said:
The songs were a waste of time though - apart from Ace of Spades. The only two things I didn't like about The Young Ones were those songs and Alexi Sayle, who is and was SHIT
What a load of gash you talk. Sayle was ACE and some of the songs were actually quite good.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Stumpy Tim said:
Alexi Sayle, who is and was SHIT
You, sir, are talking CRAP - Alexei Sayle's Stuff is magnifico.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Doctor Martens, Doctor Martens, Doctor Martens BOOTS

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Who was the actress who played Dawn ("Hi Dawn! Here...comes...the...postman...")? Wanna NAIL IT.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Simster said:
What a load of gash you talk. Sayle was ACE and some of the songs were actually quite good.
I watched some programme, I think it was one of those 'comedy connection' ones, and they said that the reason for the songs was so that technically The Young Ones could be made as Variety programme rather than Comedy. This got them a much bigger budget which they needed to cover all the stunts and special effects.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brovian said:
I watched some programme, I think it was one of those 'comedy connection' ones, and they said that the reason for the songs was so that technically The Young Ones could be made as Variety programme rather than Comedy. This got them a much bigger budget which they needed to cover all the stunts and special effects.

Yeah I saw that as well. Tis true.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Simster said:

Have to agree with that on the music front.

Madness - as the song finished they joined in the street riot
Damned
John Otway

trying to think of some of the others - been a long time since i've seen them.

I also recal that every episode had a image that flashed up during the progrmme, remember running it back on slo motion - one was a dove, another a poters wheel. Once again cant remember the others

top quotes

Mrs Vyvyan: I heard you were ill so I brought you a present.
Vyvyan: The last present you got me was a box of matches.
Mrs Vyvyan: That was a joke.
Vyvyan: I was only 8-weeks-old.

Vyvyan: Do you think ants go to discos?
Mike: Vyvyan, it is proved that ants are highly intelligent, with a well-ordered society. The last thing they'd go to would be discos.

Quotes: Neil: How many people does it take to screw in a light bulb? One, me, 'cause I'm the only one that does anything around here anyway.

Anarchist: Next week, right, I'm going to blow up a panda in Croydon.
Rick: Yeah, right on! Bloody zoos, who needs 'em.
Anarchist: I mean a police car, you terminal wally!

Security Guard: Hang On, What's that?
Vyvyan: It's my mascot.
Security Guard: A pig?
Vyvyan: No!
Security Guard: It is.
Vyvyan: It's not, it's a ferret. A severely deformed ferret, I'll grant you that. So severely deformed in fact that it looks a little bit like a pig.
Security Guard: Looks exactly like a pig.
Vyvyan: Yes, well, it certainly has been remarked upon. In fact, just as John Hurt is known as the Elephant Man, Bacon Sandwich here is known as the Pig Ferret.
Security Guard: Bacon Sandwich? Funny name for a ferret, isn't it?
Vyvyan: Ha ha! And that's where I had you fooled. Because it's not a ferret, it's a pig.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Memory of it is fading a bit, but there was an episode where Neil died in some garden manure. Later, Neil pops up, then another, then another, until there are several Neils.

It was and is a classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here