Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst refereeing decision ever?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My sunday league side were punished by a ghost goal on sunday. That was the worst refereeing decision of all time. We lost a game 1-0 in which the ball never crossed our goal line. Disgrace.

:down:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Come back Andy D'Urso all is forgiven

D'Urso did manage another classic at Watford this season, in its own way right up there with the worst decisions of all time.

Forest's Nicky Shorey dived to keep the ball out on the line with both hands in the last minute, and he failed to give a penalty. Literally everyone in the ground saw it apart from D'Urso.

I still think, pound for pound, and for sheer volume of crap decisions and shocking displays, he is in a league of his own. I'll never forget that League Cup match he did with us at Orient one time, the worst I've ever seen.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
To be honest the goalkeeper deserved it for kicking the ball straight to the opposition forward

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Given that that's the mighty Zebras of MSV Duisburg being awarded that goal, who are very much my German team, the team that my grandfather supported and who I've seen many times and whose ex-manager's even bought me a beer, I'll say CLEAR GOAL. We've even got a decent chance of getting out of that division I'd say, we're delicately poised.

ZEBRASTREIFEN WEISS UND BLAU
ZEBRASTREIFEN WEISS UND BLAU

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Remember when Gazza picked up a yellow card and gave it to the ref, and the ref booked him for it?
Or when a ref elbowed someone and alan shearer took the red card from the ref and showed it to him. Shearer got book for that also

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think that was nearer than the goal Reading got given at Watford.

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
when i was in year 9 at school we were playing in ther semi finals for the county cup, drew 2- 2 went to a pen shoot out, 1 of are players took a pen hit the post and went in, ref said it wasnt allowed as it had to been a clean pen without hitting the post all looking confused we got on with it after 5 pens each it was 3 - 3, only for someone on the sidelines to call the ref over and he realised he had made a massive blunder and we won the shoot out 4 - 3. Made to the county cup final amazing only for the school who we played against made a offical complaint and we lost the re played game 3 - 0, i will never forgive him bastard!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here