Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst pub visited recently

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Keep meaning to nip into the Burrell in H.Heath during that stupid 25 minutes between just before 6pm til just before 6.30pm when there's no trains to P.Park, even though there's about half a dozen apiece to B.Hill and Hassocks. What's that all about?

Anyways, the Burrell looks as uninviting as it did 20 years ago. Looks like it's prob got the same grubby slashed upholstery it did then. So I don't bother.

Anybody able to confirm if the Burrell is still as shit inside as it looks from the outside?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Keep meaning to nip into the Burrell in H.Heath during that stupid 25 minutes between just before 6pm til just before 6.30pm when there's no trains to P.Park, even though there's about half a dozen apiece to B.Hill and Hassocks. What's that all about?

Anyways, the Burrell looks as uninviting as it did 20 years ago. Looks like it's prob got the same grubby slashed upholstery it did then. So I don't bother.

Anybody able to confirm if the Burrell is still as shit inside as it looks from the outside?

I took a pic on my phone the last time I was in there...

Sama-InteriorA.jpg

:wink:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Black Prince - Coventry - Tile Hill (Full of northerners and rapists, rape victims, general lay abouts)
The Bell - Coventry - Tile Hill (Full of northerners and Yobs!)
Wetherspoons - Coventry Town center (Shite area)

Even though Coventry is not The North, I think Coventry is a shithole. It got the f*** bombed out of it and they had a chance to rebuild it and they built the entire town to look like an 1980's car park. Full of ramps and concrete.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
good comps ok, though a tad pricey. havent been there since the shangeover though..

utter shite pub is the roundhill(?), near preston circus- someone nicked my coat there once, 'cos someone 'forgot' theirs.. fs!

I got it back next day mind, after i threatened to call the rozzers.

any pubs that lets too many people in is bad, in my book- hate getting bumped about / spilling beer!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

the burrell may be full of rough and ready people, but i nipped in there to watch football once not knowing anybody in the area and the people in there were pretty friendly and genuine, and i made friends with people who i keep in touch with even after moving back to london, in short its a REAL pub, with REAL people who use it, rather than some overpriced pub in hanover that does a mocha "to die for".

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The Sand Boy just outside of Kings Lynn in Norfolk was one of the most depressing pubs I have ever set foot in.

It's name conjures up images of beach fun but is in fact thusly named as it is bang opposite a concrete processing plant.

The place hosts a lot of wakes and has seen fit to keep all the funeral wreaths and hang them everywhere. The walls and sills are adorned with dark, withered, moribund flowers crying tears of forgotten lives and wasted opportunity.

The light struggles in through half covered windows and crawls to a halt as it is repelled by the airborn dust particles.

I genuinely took a deep breath in as I left the place, like a static line diver re-surfacing.

The horror, the horror.

would you like to apply for Poet Laureate, Nibble?

Oct 25, 2003
The Black Prince - Coventry - Tile Hill (Full of northerners and rapists, rape victims, general lay abouts)

how did you know who was and who wasn't a rape victim? did you ask everyone or can you just spot one?

or due to the high number of rapists in the establishment, was there just loads of rape going on in the pub?

and why were there loads of northerners in coventry?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Even though Coventry is not The North, I think Coventry is a shithole. It got the f*** bombed out of it and they had a chance to rebuild it and they built the entire town to look like an 1980's car park. Full of ramps and concrete.

When was the last time you were here? it has changed a lot. There is a massive rebuilding programme going on.

There are quite a lot of shit pubs up here, The dog and trumpet and the Jaguar to name but two

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Coventry Gull do you know the Fob Watch as my eldest son was witha girl from Coventry and that was her local but was not very nice. I did some work at the Smithfield opposite the theatre and that was pretty dire to but then that was early 80s.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Coventry Gull do you know the Fob Watch as my eldest son was witha girl from Coventry and that was her local but was not very nice. I did some work at the Smithfield opposite the theatre and that was pretty dire to but then that was early 80s.

I don't know that one. The theatre has had a make over now and its beginning to look quite good round there.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
When was the last time you were here? it has changed a lot. There is a massive rebuilding programme going on.

There are quite a lot of shit pubs up here, The dog and trumpet and the Jaguar to name but two

Yea there are a few nicer sights coming to the eye, apart from the square in town that still hasn't finished! Well not two weeks ago anyway!

Back up monday! so no looking forward to it! But nevermind! I go home at weekends! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here