Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst pub visited recently

Scanny

Savannah's in Haywards Heath.

Over priced drinks, food not fit to serve my dogs and bar staff about as friendly as thrush............................

Always a fight in there at the weekend too! :hammer:

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
Savannah's in Haywards Heath.

Over priced drinks, food not fit to serve my dogs and bar staff about as friendly as thrush............................

Always a fight in there at the weekend too! :hammer:

I work in HH and I would have to say that Savannah's is probably one of the nicer watering holes............:whisky::whisky:

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
I would like to nominate the Top House in Burgess Hill, what a shit hole had to go there for a darts match and everything about it is wrong.

Until last week I was working round the corner from The Top House and my mate suggested going in there at lunchtime for a quick drink and the all day breakfast. Seemed great on the menu for just £2.25 but all we got was a manky value sausage, burnt hash brown, half a tinned tomato, a rasher of bacon that had been held up to a candle and considered cooked and it was all covered in a slop of baked beans.

It felt like a dodgy estate pub (especially by the state of the scoomers running it) and the grub summed the place up really!

scooter1

How soon is now?
The Grenadier. I popped in late on Friday night for a quick pint on the way home and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife, and then it all kicked off in one of the doorways - over what I don't know, but it seems like this happens a few times a week.
Its kind of my local and we often nip in there after work as we can take the little one in and sit in the corner out of the way, but after about 9pm the atmosphere just changes.

And who can forget the Whistle Stop in Boundary Road, its the only pub I know with bouncers on the door during the day(on a Saturday)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'd have to agree. It wasn't too bad a few years ago, but has turned really bad of late. Expensive drinks as well!

anywhere that plays drum and bass music from a mobile DISCO when the place is not even a tenth full deserves to be branded a shit hole

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not recently, but there's a thread on here about The White Swan Fittleworth, which I did about a year ago.
To this day I've still not been in a worse pub, although I've not been out much recently!.

I put it to you, it's the worst thatched pub in Sussex.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Ditto, The Crown & Anchor aswell, what a stark deterioration. Less than a year ago it was a decent pub, with cheesy chips to die for before the game, nice surroundings good service, now there`s no carpet on the floor! With notices around the pub saying this is the pub with no carpet, whats that all about?!, the chips are now completely shit and a few weeks ago it took them over an hour to arrive after i ordered them before 1.00pm, before it got busy! I think its changed hands but whatever the reason, what was a reasonable place is now decidedly shit, wouldve dumped it already if it wasnt for the rest of the crew going there.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Not recently, but there's a thread on here about The White Swan Fittleworth, which I did about a year ago.
To this day I've still not been in a worse pub, although I've not been out much recently!.

I put it to you, it's the worst thatched pub in Sussex.

Bryan Ferry used to drink in there regularly in the 80s.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
The Cock Tavern, Kilburn.

A tremendous IRA loving bar which smells of semen and has people in there pissed from 9am. It also has a theatre upstairs.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The Tilgate

They have a disco every other Friday and the last couple of times I've been in there it's got a bit fraught...

A little game you can play is 'spot the bird without a tattoo', but you tend to give up after an hour or so ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is rather ironic that of those mentioned The Dyke, The Winner and The Good Companions are all owned by the same company Pubs n Bars of Balham.

Trying to find out the company that owns the Top House. I must admit to being old fashioned but believe that it does not look to be correct for the 'boss' to be wearing a replica football shirt, in this case a Liverpool away shirt irrespective of which team.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
The Black Prince - Coventry - Tile Hill (Full of northerners and rapists, rape victims, general lay abouts)
The Bell - Coventry - Tile Hill (Full of northerners and Yobs!)
Wetherspoons - Coventry Town center (Shite area)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here