Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The worst play-off final in living memory"

subi

Jul 29, 2003
perth western australia
Hmm playoffs have been around since 81ish so therefore no one who has any interest in football was alive before then! Are they too dense to see the result is everything?

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
goodman can f*** right off!!!!
:lolol: :jester: :p :clap2:

subi

Jul 29, 2003
perth western australia
The gods of whomever were only ever going to smile on us today and nothing was going to stop us, you cant possibly be that spawny in the semi and not triumph!! (BC saved themselves with 2 minutes left way too early)

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
I wonder if Meridian / South Today will give us more than the usual 30 seconds of air time? :jester:
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It was only crap if you weren't there. Being there was fantastic.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
worst ever.:ohmy:
It was Brightons best:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don who?

Am I interested in the opinion of some irrelevant commentator at this precise moment, frankly I couldn't give a flying f***!!!

Yes we were a bit lucky in the play offs, we might have been beaten by Swindon, Bristol probably went into todays game as favourites, but it is the Albion who will travelling to the likes of Leeds, West Ham, Wolves and Sunderland next season, bring it on...

I wouldn't take it personally at all, he's entitled to his opinion and welcome to express it as he's paid to do - I think he did temper that opinion by adding that the manner of victory didn't matter to the Brighton hoards (which includes myself and all of us scattered Worldwide).

Many will say we weren't all that entertaining, or that we were perhaps a little lucky - but the end result takes us up a division to the chance to entertain over 40-odd matches at a higher level ....and a MUCH louder/higher-profile claim for a deserved new sport facility for our European City !!

There should never be any doubt that Brighton and Sussex County is overdue such a healthy addition, but if anything is needed to tip the balance then the team have done everything possible to do that.

I'm proud of our team, and would only like to align that pride with the City in which they play .

WELL DONE THE ALBION ! :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Kalimantan Gull said:
Don Goodman's words at the final whistle. The more the commentators kept saying that, the more I

Exeter reject!

Most reports I have read see it as a poor game.

Yet for some reason (result!), I don’t give a flying f*** what these idiots have to say!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I have just witnessed three of the worst games I've seen. Yet three of the most momentous and memorable.

I can't compliment the team enough on their professionalism and committment to performing the jobs they were tasked. The fans to who showed a level of passion rarely seen at Withdean.

Thanks everyone for a marvellous couple of weeks.

So what if the football purists didn't enjoy the game. I don't care what neutrals think, these games will linger in my mind as a high point of Sussex football for many years to come.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The team are not very creative, but make up for their lack of natural talent with guts and determination. How far that can take us we will no doubt find out next season, but for the moment let's enjoy this wonderful day in a wonderful stadium, scenes that will not be forgotten by all the faithful who attended.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Don Goodman is the worst f***ing Commentator in History IMHO, and an absolute prick, glad I didn't have to listen to him!

TUNA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here