Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst job you ever had?

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I can't match most for the actual work involved but the worst job I have ever had was working for Currys as a 'Tech Guy'. Not so much the work but for the utter contempt that the firm had for both it's customers and it's employees. I used to think Currys were okay but now there is no way I would buy from them or PC World.
Sorry didn't mean Gus but his agent? Who's to say his agent hasn't spoken to Pompey and his agent advised Gus not to take it and that's why Poyet hasn't made contact himself?

Posted this on wrong thread doh.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry didn't mean Gus but his agent? Who's to say his agent hasn't spoken to Pompey and his agent advised Gus not to take it and that's why Poyet hasn't made contact himself?

Posted this on wrong thread doh.

Well I rather doubt that Gus would have said he hadn't heard anything if his agent had as I would have thought his agent would have contacted him. I can't see it for several reasons, not the least that Pompey are a club in deep doodoo and headed for freefall. Most of their decent players will have to be sold a la Palace and they are potless. I don't think that Gus needs that, on the other hand Ince's star is dimming and Cotterill must have smelt a financial rat at Notts County.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
When I was 14 I got a summer job in the street behind Belgrave Place. It was a sort of hotel /YMCA for mentally handicapped kids. When the parents of the kids wanted a holiday they sent the kids there. But,by god, it was a bucket shop and all of us working there were teenagers who had no idea or training for looking after mentally handicapped kids. Our job was to play with the kids, in the playroon, supervise them when they went down to the beach or in the minibus and do the dirty jobs like changing sheets etc. We had no idea and the conditions were pitiful. I will never ever forget the beautful two-year old girl with the dehydrated brain. It made me cry every day. I shouldn't have been there, that place shouldn't have existed and the kids should never have been sent there.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
In my current role, I had to pick up and bag the pieces of 2 children struck by an express locomotive on a level crossing.

That, for me, is as bad as it gets.

Thats as low as it gets.

I take my hat off to you, brave job.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Spending 4 days signing & sending hundreds of 'Children In Need' certificates - c/w gushing personalised covering-note & handwritten envelope. These 'awards' were, apparently, rewards to veiwers who were in need of personal reassurance after their selfless charitable deeds.

Marvelous.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know exactly what you mean as I had to do a similar thing for a charity working on befalf of homeless people whilst at uni. Never thought people could be so selfish when they were supposed to be being generous. :wozza:

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
I lasted exactly 15 minutes in my first ever job as a 15 year old at the old Wine Lodge in Worthing in their kitchens. I stuck a very sharp knife into the base of my thumb whilst seperating some semi fozen liver and had to be taken to A and E to get it stitched. They took pity on me though and gave me a job when I returned whitewashing the walls of the beer cellar. That was better but I ended up spewing up over some crates of Double Diamond because I drank too many bottles of Cherry B. I did last 3 days on that though before I was given my redundency package.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not even close to Bry Nylon's responsibilities [I'm mates with a load of guys at Hants Fire and Rescue, and do not envy any of those boys one bit. I simply could not deal with the RTAs].

My worst, while doing agency work one summer, was grave-digging at Southampton cemetry. Proper grave-digging, with a spade.

Graves nowadays are dug with small mechanical diggers, which is none too challenging.

Our job, however was to open up existing graves, where someone was being buried with a long-deceased spouse or parent, in a family plot. These plots, are all in the older parts of the cemetry, unreachable with mechanical diggers - also they are not delicate enough for the job. Which was to open up the grave, and using just spades, dig down to the top of the coffin already in it.

Some of these had been in place 50 years, and could not take the weight of a bloke stood on them....

Blackcurrant picking for a couple of weeks nr Pulborough - absolutely back breaking.

Worked for two months on the night shift at Clarks Bakery in Newtown Road one summer whilst I was at University. Speciality bread, rolls but spent most shifts hand loading/unloading the proovers and ovens - really, really hot. Rozzers often used to drop me home in Hangleton if they spotted me walking back.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Working in a mail house, only managed to do it for a week.

So dull, stood at the end of a machine bagging junk mail for 8 hours.

jesus.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Collecting Winston Churchill's bogeys!!

He was a secret bogier. He used to have bottles of the stuff. I used to collect it up for him, I never realised that he was, in fact, taking it of a night.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I had a pretty tedious job doing filing for 3 weeks, I basically spent all day wheeling a trolley round the office, collecting files and putting them back in the right filing cabinet. If I was really lucky I got to go down to the archives room. What made it worse was the fact that Kinky Gerbils was one of the idiots giving me the files.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Packing herbs in a factory. I lasted a week. All the other people I worked with were fairly "fresh off the boat" immigrants. This isn't a Daily Mail-esque complaint as they all seemed like perfectly nice people, but they barely spoke English so I couldn't really chat to them.... which made the job even more boring.

My Supervisor was a vile little-Hitler, who asked a Morrocan girl if they "have gays in Morrocco?" No joke.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I had a pretty tedious job doing filing for 3 weeks, I basically spent all day wheeling a trolley round the office, collecting files and putting them back in the right filing cabinet. If I was really lucky I got to go down to the archives room. What made it worse was the fact that Kinky Gerbils was one of the idiots giving me the files.

Preferred Mortgages.....?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Packing herbs in a factory. I lasted a week. All the other people I worked with were fairly "fresh off the boat" immigrants. This isn't a Daily Mail-esque complaint as they all seemed like perfectly nice people, but they barely spoke English so I couldn't really chat to them.... which made the job even more boring.

My Supervisor was a vile little-Hitler, who asked a Morrocan girl if they "have gays in Morrocco?" No joke.

And do they? I've never been... and always wondered...

Coming to think of it are there gays in Zimbabwe?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

That job sucked balls....

The only thing that made it enjoyable was I spent all day on the internet and got paid for doing jack shit, also starbucks!

Also Toad was there along with a few others!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Holding up those Domino's pizza boards all day long must make your arms ache.:lolol:.They're full of advertisers in Haywards Heath at the moment.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Packing nappies in disposable nappy factory in Lewes! Anyone who worked there over 5 months developed hearing difficulties and the supervisors were repressed Hitlers too puny to be builders!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here