Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst job you ever had?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3524445 said:
Some dirty bastard did that at my work this morning, the whole bowl was covered in bombay birthmarks and the smell.... my days. I had to piss with my shirt over my nose.

if I ever find who did that I'd rub his face in it :nono:

I would do exactly the same shirt thing but for some reason I aways wash the shit away with my piss, sort of like a hose. It's mental I know, i've done it since I was a kid. Maybe I like the challenge?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am sure some other NSCers will have shared this experience.

my worst job ever was at the SUNBLEST FACTORY in WOODINGDEAN working 12 hour night shifts on baking hot ovens for £5 an hour. On the first day I was given a pair of oven gloves which I put on the wrong way around and then promptly fused my fingers to a red hot cast iron baking tray. As a literature student at the time I fitted in perfectly with the demographic of my co-workers, not. On one occasion I saw another student picked up by his ankles and dunked head first into an enormous vat of bread mix.

Yep. We had these sort of rough cotton mit things - and you had to get the bread out of the container (I can't remember the name for it). by picking it up and banging the bottom and the loaf popped out. My arms got multiple burns every day doing that. The "lifers" worked the conveor belts.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Waiter at The Happy Eater that used to be on the A23 near Hickstead. We were mini-bused in and out from Haywards Heath and worked to the bone. First job every day was shredding 100's and 100's of cabbages and carrots for the coleslaw. Improved slightly when I graduated to the giddy heights of a griddle "chef"

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3524662 said:
f*** that, what if it sprays back and hits you on the hand.

It's a risk you have to take.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was once out of work for a short time and my wifes grandfather did her a favour and gave me a job with his building firm. Anybody who know me know that DIY and building minded I am not. It got to the point where I was so useless that he told me to sit on the beach, he was building a house between Ferring and Kingston Gorse, and listem to the test match and keep him informed of the latest score and happenings. I eventually left and found a job more suited to me.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
being stuck in this f***ing robot suit on eurovision

Packing condoms as a temp, for a company in Lancing.
Alright in the morning with the normal healthy people's condoms, but in the afternoon they brought out the fudge-packer's specials, with extra lube and "respect him" on the packaging. Weirdos.
That was my last day doing that.

Also once worked in a factory that stamped out metal bits, clearing metal hash from the machine that just went "ker-thunk" all day long. Job for mongs and lobotomides.
It was close to Nov 5th though, so I let of a load of fireworks to announce my departure and try see if any of the mental people blinked.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
During my last week with Sainsburys - back in the last century - I filled in 2000 doughnuts.
I also put some jam in them too :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

Packing condoms as a temp, for a company in Lancing.
Alright in the morning with the normal healthy people's condoms, but in the afternoon they brought out the fudge-packer's specials, with extra lube and "respect him" on the packaging. Weirdos.
That was my last day doing that.

Also once worked in a factory that stamped out metal bits, clearing metal hash from the machine that just went "ker-thunk" all day long. Job for mongs and lobotomides.
It was close to Nov 5th though, so I let of a load of fireworks to announce my departure and try see if any of the mental people blinked.

And all that beats being a Withdean steward?

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The worst i remember was obviously as a student, filling in the summer months working in warehouses. For two days i was to measure bits of wire to a metre and a half in length. I would stand and bend and measure and clip repeatedly and my back killed me. I was unbearably bored. After that, they moved me onto chopping off unnecessary bits of plastic from a box of nodules i had no idea the use of. Overall i think i was there for a week or two. The women there were toothless and didn't really seem to like each other much. No sense of family in adversity to them. Snip, chop, drill, pop and smoke.

Other times at uni i worked in a video warehouse, collecting orders, one of which i remember to be a triple-purchase of Shaven Grannies. And for a long time in an education warehouse from which i stole everything i could find until we were searched on departure one day and the cricketball in my pants had to be so tightly held that i walked with a strained-buttock limp for two days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here