Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The WORST chip shop in town..

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Gully said:
Thank you Jam for confirming that the Athina B still exists, will have to pop in there for some F and C next time I make it for a game at Withdean.

Go for it!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fluffster said:
Tony's fish bar by Shoreham station is a good'un.

:clap2: :clap2:

Also the chinese one near Brighton station is class, "Saw Finger, Saw finger"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We've got a new posh fish and chip shop opened in the high street. The "Sea Cow"

Its bloody expensive - £7 quid for Cod and Chips..

.. but the fish is very, very fresh because they buy it themselves from Billingsgate fish market every day.

You can buy fresh tuna and chips, scallops and chips, fresh salmon and chips etc...

I've only had it once, but it was quite possibly the best fish and chips I've had in years..

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
looney said:
You have got to be joking!:sick:

Dead greasey.

Not when i've been fella. Nice big chips, well-cooked, tasty and no grease.

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is the Golden Fryer on Sutherland Road

We ordered a cod and ships and my mate had a Plaice and chips, I deceided to go large for some reason.

Would that be a large SHIP you had? A Titanic meal?
:lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
RickofBHAFC said:
The Chinese chippy round the corner from The Railway Bell does bloody good chips (and you get loads!) :thumbsup:

I know pissed grown men who will stagger the length of Brighton at closing time to get to that chippy before it shuts. Yes it is greasy, artery clogging shite but 'the Chinese Chippy' round the corner from the Railway Bell - we are not worthy. Michelin stars are only a matter of light years away.
:clap2:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Last visit to Brighton was a bit over a year ago, seem to remember a place named Banker's or something like that. Was in an old bank. Good chips and curry sauce... Is it still there?

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
The one round the corner from the Railway Bell is called "Sing Lee", and is kept in business mostly by Sonic the Hedgehog, as far as anyone can tell. Their "food" would kill a lesser man... all that cider dissolves the grease, perhaps.

Once kicked one of their battered sausages all the way home to Sutherland Road (just round the corner from the Golden Fryer, in fact) and it arrived in markedly better shape than myself, a testimony to it's rubbery strength and surely-inedible constituents.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is the Golden Fryer on Sutherland Road

I went in there on Saturday as I could not crive to Jenny's on Preston Drove (the BEST chippy in town) B]

Funny That. I haven't been to Jenny's for about 12 years so this info is a little out of date to say the least. When at school we named it 'Jenny's Chuck' due to the poor quality.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Is Jenny's on Preston Drove near the junction with Beaconsfield Road? If so I was the first ever customer at the original chippe called Potter's Plaice.

The bloke gave me my fish n chips free and said that as I was his first customer I could have free chips for a whole month.

Halycon days.

Used to be a good chippie on the Droveway which when open after a game was something to warm the cockles of your hearts on the way to or from a game.

BTW The nearest chippy to me in Shirley Croydon is run by a chinese bloke who is a dead ringer for Ronaldo.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Seagull's Return said:
The one round the corner from the Railway Bell is called "Sing Lee", and is kept in business mostly by Sonic the Hedgehog, as far as anyone can tell. Their "food" would kill a lesser man... all that cider dissolves the grease, perhaps.

Once kicked one of their battered sausages all the way home to Sutherland Road (just round the corner from the Golden Fryer, in fact) and it arrived in markedly better shape than myself, a testimony to it's rubbery strength and surely-inedible constituents.

The geezer who serves there is a class act, and has been hunched over that counter for the best part of almost two decades, and doesn't look a day older than when I first went in there in 1987. The rest of the 'crew' lurk in the background watching chinese films while he does the dog work. I'd dread to think of all the pissed abuse he's taken over the years from little Englanders, but his Beijing palace is probably almost built and he can soon give Blighty the one-fingered salute and fly out of here for good.
:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here