Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The WORST chip shop in town..

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
RickofBHAFC said:
The Chinese chippy round the corner from The Railway Bell does bloody good chips (and you get loads!) :thumbsup:

You have got to be joking!:sick:

Dead greasey.

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
That chippy opposite B & Q owned by different chinese and nowhere near as nice. The one round the corner in Coombe road 'George and Annes' do best chips in town !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Cheers for the tip, Chappers.

Heh, heh. I live equidistant between the Model Fish Fryer, Jennys, and the one on Beaconsfield Road. Marvellous. Better still than that, I grew up 2 doors away from an excellent chippy in Shaftesbury Road. :cool:

Best chippy: Sorry, still Bardsleys in Baker Street.
Worst chippy: Bardsleys in Baker Street. The owner is a Palace fan.

The best one always for me (although gone downhill in recent years) was the one in Upper Lewes Road. The best in the WORLD was one in Oxford. It's true. A chippy down one of their tiny alleys (leave it). Facking awesome.

The worst in the world? Some greasepit in Leicester. I've forgotten it already.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Be wary of the chippy on Queens Park Road, very variable. The one on Elm Grove has shut, again.

Best on though has to be Bankers on the Brighton/Hove border.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
contact the council EHO - they will act without doubt.. I got about £15 out of Portslade KFC because of their shitehole

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Athena B in Station Rd, and Rainbow in Old Village (both Portslade) have always been good chippies.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:
The one next to the Dyke Road Inn (I think that's the name) serves up a huge portion, good steamy fish in a nice batter, and a lot of good chips, and I had to ask them to serve me a smaller amount the next time I went.

The Dyke Road Tavern.

That is a great chippy indeed, I used to live not two minutes away from there. Marvellous scenes.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Thank you Jam for confirming that the Athina B still exists, will have to pop in there for some F and C next time I make it for a game at Withdean.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
On a slightly different note...has anyone ever been into Bangers...the homemade pie shop in Baker st almost next to Coombs.....try their beano's....fan-bloody-tastic

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Re: Re: The WORST chip shop in town..

80's Seagull said:
Aah I remember frequent trips to Jenny's for lunch when I was at Varndean. Cracking chips.

As for the jumbo battered sausage I think you're wrong there, the chippy in Uckfield does a cracker that I could nosh on all day. Lovelly.

you like noshing on sausages then ?

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

Please do not visit this chip shop if you like your ring to be at a normal temperature in the mornings for mine was burning yesterday as I propelled the fish, which was now a strange green colour, from by bowels into the bog along with a fair bit of stomach lining.

You have been warned.

thats so funny ....:lolol: :lolol: you come out with some crackers !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here